I'm going to be gone for 3 days. Every year I help with a "mission" trip to a couple of nursing homes in southern Illinois and this is the week we are going. I take my camera with me and in my spare time look for nature photo ops.....of course :-)....but I won't have time to post anything while I am there. There is an Elk farm in the area called Wapiti Hills, and last year we went by and looked at the elk along the fence. I also saw an interesting bridge, and a nice rooster at a nearby farm. Then I took some pictures in a park while we were having lunch one day...flowers, ducks, nest. So.....look at last year and I'll be back eventually :-)


This one was friendly and wanted to be petted......and fed. We petted...but didn't feed.

I loved this colorful rooster! He made me want to sing "De Colores".....if any of you know that.
This crab apple tree was beautiful! I love the pink blooms. Can't wait to see my own blooming!
A well-constructed nest! Very sturdy looking. Didn't know if it was current or old.
Very colorful duck!......irridescent back, black and white head, and that red around the eye and bill! Strange!
Back by Friday for sure.....see you then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
All of these are wonderful pictures. Gorgeous elk, rooster, and flowers, but I must say that I love your kitty pictures that you added to your side bar the best! They are PRECIOUS!!
Have fun, Mary!!
Sandpiper: Thanks! I ought to post my kitties occasionally...they certainly give me stories to tell. Mouse hiding in the hostas was the day she was eyeballing a squirrel right above her, and Hopey insists on licking that fountain! Ozma is the only "normal" cat I have.
That rooster is really stepping out!
Enjoy your 3 day adventure.
Cicero: Yes, he was a very pretty rooster and definitely king of his kingdom :-)
Good luck on your mission trip.
What a wonderful, so colourful rooster picture! And all the others are so great too. Have a wonderful journey and I shall look for your new postings when you get back.
Wonderful photos again and love all the animals! I hope you have a good trip. We hope to see you upon your return to the blogging world.
Oh, and Misty says hello to Mouse!
--JB
P.S. My mom will be away in Europe on Big World Assignment starting Wed, so we will be lonely!!!
Beautiful photos. Really enjoyed seeing them.
s
Wonderful photos - love the colorful rooster. Also enjoyed the "nature memory" of your daughter. Those are times to cherish. Hope you have a good trip. :)
Thank you all!
Post a Comment