It's SkyWatch Friday time!

Hatching a full moon!
I couldn't resist trying this.....not perfect but the best I could do straight out of the camera and cropped. If I crop closer it begins to lose too much clarity.

It was a lovely moon coming up long before dark so photos were in abundance.

Tangled in our Maple tree.

Over the dome skylight
Now for nature....

I finally got a photo of a Junco in the tree instead of on the ground!

I wish he would pose more often.
I made a quick stop at the wetlands, but after seeing the frozen boardwalks and falling on my rear in the frozen grass, there was no way I was going for a walk. Maybe this weekend.

I did take a sky shot while I was there, so all was not lost.

For more SkyWatch from all over the world, click on the icon on my sidebar.
Thanks to Klaus, Ivar, Fishing Guy, Sandy, Louise, Wren.... who help host this site!
34 comments:
what a beautiful photos, I enjoyed them.
Tess (life is beautiful)
Mary- Wow, I love that huge egg. Very creative.
Great photos. I love the one w/ the moon in the nest. The junco photo is fabulous! Those birds are so hard to capture in detail because they are so dark. You did a fine job showing it's beauty.
I had to look twice at the moon egg, that's really a cool shot. I love the Junco one, you caught it very well there. And the last one is spectacular!
Happy SWF!
That is a neat idea,the 'moon'egg.The last picture is neat as well.
Blessings,Ruth
Excellent sky shots, looks like a beautiful place.
Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures
I love hatching the moon shot. The bird shots are really good too.
The Yothers: Thanks! Glad you stopped by!
Tom: Always wanted to try something like that :-) Don't know who is going to sit on that egg!
Kallen: Thanks...my junco ground shots are always slightly unfocused. Nice to have it in a tree for a change.
Rottlady: Thanks!
Ruth: Fun to try things :-) Thanks!
Guy D.:Thanks!
Love the moon in the nest! And your bird photos are wonderful.
I think your wetland walking opportunities were not so good as mine that day.
These are really great. There's so much I like about each of them but for now I'm just going to keep smiling at that first shot. It does look like the moon was about to hatch in that nest.
:-D
Cool shots Mary. That hatching moon is unique!
I hope you didn't get hurt when you fell. That ice can be so tricky.
It was -16ยบ here this morning and I even saw the warm breath of a Downey woodpecker as he stopped by for some peanut butter. Beginning tomorrow a warm up. Hooray!
B.
Hi Mary.... Cute photo of the moon being 'hatched.' It was a beautiful moon and sky!!!! AND--I love that Junco. Wish I would see one of those down here.
Hope you had a good day. Glad you didn't walk on that boardwalk.
Hugs,
Betsy
There just has to be some sort of contest you can enter that first photo in! It's just outstanding in so many ways! I LOVE it!
I like your clever ideas. I think you did a great job at it!
What wonderful photos. I love the moon in the nest.
Have a great week.
Grammy
Missouri. USA
I love the photo of the moon being hatched, but all of them are great.
Really cool photo. I like to watch the moon hatch.
An Arkies Musings
Clever moon shots Mary and I love the colour of the sky. A x
How extremely clever of you Mary!! Well done!!
LOL - I want to see the pictures when it hatches.
Mary: Wonderfully done, those are some special sky captures. I loved your Junco photos.
Thanks everybody! It was a fun shot to play with :-)
Brillant ..your first image! Love all your photos today!
Nicely done. But I thought that was a fat white bird up there in the nest. How very funny. So you are going to count birds in February. Maybe I will too then.
Mary, I looked at that first photo for a while before I figured it out -- LOL. I'm enjoying my little junco visitors too.
Marnie
that first moon shot is so clever.
love the photos...be careful out there!
Great sky watch post :)
Happy weekend :)
Loved the Junco pictures!
Cute, the moon in the nest.
Hope the petoot isn't too sore!
Incredible Mary, a wonderful series of photographs, especially the moon nest, so creative.
hihi... I like that moon egg shot! quirky!
Hi Mary,
I got a good chuckle out of your shot of the moon hatching in the nest;-) All are great pictures!!
Thank you everyone. I'm behind with comments and replies. I fell on the ice yesterday and spent most of today with my leg up and ice on it. Some day I will learn to be more careful. Will catch up tomorrow, I hope!
Hi Mary, these are so bright and somehow cheering me up today - we have had a lot of fog. Lovely moon!
Love that nesting moon Mary!
Post a Comment