Sunday, January 16, 2011

Squirrel Sunday.....

Nothing new with the squirrels, but here is my "token squirrel" for Squirrel Sunday. "It's too cold to do anything exciting......eating is what keeps me warm!"
"Maybe I'll just take a nap here......zzzzzzzz."

This fairly small squirrel is coming daily now and seems less afraid to come near the house.

I was trying the last few days to get good photos of the Cowbird....didn't succeed before they went away.
This is the male cowbird.....it looks like black satin with that beautiful dark brown head.


The female is more grey, but also looks soft.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good close ups. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, We have some tiny squirrels with no fear now also...I sent you a cute video....

If we have cowbirds, I seldom see them... The males are pretty in their black color against the snow.

Hugs,
Betsy

Cicero Sings said...

Squirrel-y is right into the zen of eating I see ... in the zone.

I didn't know that about the spider web in crazy quilting by the way. Interesting.

The sun has come up and we have above freezing temperatures. It was -12C yesterday at this time. Amazing how it can change so quickly.

Becky said...

Just love the tail over the head shots. So cute! I have seen a couple of Cowbirds here too, but they don't show up every day.
B.
Love your header BTW!

Kerri Farley said...

What a delightful squirrel!! And your cowbirds are pretty too!

George said...

The squirrel in your first picture looks cold. I'll bet he's glad you're feeding him well.

Dorothy said...

That first squirrel has a really hairy looking tail! They are so amusing to watch!

a maidenhair fern said...

I think I'd make a good squirrel.

Rose said...

I have a couple small squirrels that come, but neither one are friendly...I think they might be Mama Squirrel's last babies. She never brought them over to introduce them...and I haven't seen her in ages and ages so thinking she may be no longer with us.