Reasons to always take your camera even to church. On the way home we made a slight detour to a local park where we saw lots of Robins all over the soccer fields.
Spring is coming to southern Indiana for sure!
He was really kicking up the leaves, but I never managed to capture that moment.
Even a squirrel......so this makes my Squirrel Sunday post for the day.
Then we left the park and headed our usual route when I spotted a hawk on top of the pole. He was crying very loudly. Must be a Red-shouldered Hawk. They are very vocal.
Looking for a mate, maybe?
We didn't seem to bother him, but he gave us the once over.
"Go away!"
Then we passed a flock a blackbirds in a corn field. Seem to be Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds. At least that was all I could recognize for sure.
Some were in this big white tree and I was watching them fly out......and didn't even see the hawk sitting there until I had the photo on my computer! Not sure what kind he is...probably a Red-tailed with that white belly.
So....a drive home can be very interesting when one lives out in the country :-)
Spring is coming! The birds know it!
14 comments:
How exciting to see the Robin- the harbinger of spring. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
I hope you are right....but I hear a storm is comeing. They are talking about 14+ inches up here. I like your prediction better.
I enjoy seeing the Robins even if it is still far away from my place.If spring is slowly coming to your are,we can't be that far behind.Yeah!
Ruth
Your pictures are a good example of why we should always have our cameras with us!! It's great to see the Robins coming back!
Hurray Spring is coming! It was almost 60 here today .... and sunny!
Love your hawk!!
Hi Mary..looks very nice all those birds are a good sign of spring,but all I saw on my way home from church was snow,snow,and more snow!!! hahaha!!
Robins! Wow! Isn't this early, even for southern Indiana?
With 2' of snow and more in the offing, I don't expect to see any robin before, oh, maybe April! What a winter!
Hi Mary, I loved seeing your Henderson pictures... I'm sorry that you have moles. My son had them in his NC home ---and could not get rid of them.
We have had warmer weather this week --and the Robins have been out ---in our front and back yards. I'm sure they love this Spring TEASE.. Our Chipmunks also woke up and came out to play today!!!!
Great pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy
What an array of birds you saw! Yes, it always pays to have your camera with you. There is only the odd occasion when it is not used but the slight inconvenience usually pays off
I can't get over seeing Robins in the winter. What a welcome sight. We had SUN today. Great hawk Mary.
B.
I always take my camera to church - yesterday, I got some interesting shots of the icicles! I love the masses of blackbirds! I wish they were here! or maybe not - it is likely still much too cold for them!
How lovely to see a group of robins, maybe that would be a possibility here in late March or mid-April. This mingling of bird photos from more southern climes make me a wannbe resident of somewhere more southern!
What quilt will I make next?Thanks for asking. I have a little grandson named, Jesse who is eagerly looking forward to an important 5th. milestone birthday in June. His nickname is Bear, so his quilt will be bear-themed and of course will include a few bear claws blocks.
Next week I will post pictures of my first quilt. Glad you enjoyed my yellow one! Thanks for your comments.
Ann
Ann
We seen robins on the way to Sarah's yesterday...still not seen any here. But it won't be long...I think they usually come back here towards the end of February.
How wonderful to get to see all this on the way home from church.
Spring is on its way here too, but the forecast is for snow. I hope it is the last for this year.
Post a Comment