Taking a break from tennis. It's been snowing all day. The birds are not happy. A few bird shots from the front window.

I like the little House Finches and the male was willing to sit for several shots.






The female looks a bit strange.....half of a sunflower seed shell stuck on the beak?

She nibbles at the seeds in that are still hanging on the vine on my tree.

A cold Junco

Ready to hop down on the food below before it disappears into the snow. Keeping the seed uncovered has been a problem all day.

An unhappy Mockingbird.


Warming up one foot.

Goldfinch looking for a free spot on the feeder.

Some of the ground feeding birds.

My Red-breasted Nuthatch can't find the peanuts under the snow in the cup, so he is trying some suet.

He looks a bit unhappy here.

Stretching......maybe the top is better than the bottom.
Time to head back to tennis and pretend the snow isn't out there. Too bad the birds can't do that.
19 comments:
That first house finch looks as tired of winter as I am.
Hi Mary, Hope you fav's are WINNING at the tennis match.....
Great picture of the snowy birds... We haven't had any snow yet today --but it is coming (so they say).
Hugs,
Betsy
Hard frost here, Mary, but no more snow . . . yet. Your birds are beautiful!
Absolutely fabulous pictures. Sure am glad the birds can depend on a friend like you to feed them during this snowy winter!
Nice shots of your birds, Mary! I think it's snowing again as far south as Memphis. It may even get here but it probably won't stick!
Those birds don't look very impressed with the weather.I can't say I blame them.
Ruth
That poor little house finch does look bereft. Beautiful bird shots during the ad. breaks.
Hope you are enjoying the tennis!
You have such a great variety of birds!! I am sooooo looking forward to Spring!
these birds are beautiful. i simply love that first and last picture. they seem to have such character. it's so good to be back commenting again. i hope to keep up the trend, :) have a great day.
Great shots Mary! Love that Red-breasted Nuthatch!!! Say warm!
Excellent close ups of a great variety. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River.
I'm so thrilled to find your site. I love fresh, current pictures of my favorite birds (the mocking bird is not one of them!), taken by normal people like me, a quilter no less!
You're birds are so lucky. They might be cold but there tummys are full. Love the wind blown look on the Housefinch.
It's darn right miserable here today. Cold, windy 6" of snow over night etc, etc! The birds come and go all the while watching for you know who, and he has made a few fly bys already.
B.
Lovely photos Mary, you should take a break more often.{:)
Great pictures...
Just as well the feeders are well stocked. Enjoy the tennis Mary.
Hello everyone! I'll try to peek outside again today :-) They are down to the final 16 in the tennis for next week. You Canadian readers should be real proud of your young unknown who made the final 16...Milos Raonic!
Your mocking bird header is beautiful!
Ann
I am back again...that one with the seed on its beak is hilarious..
Post a Comment