How do you take a photo of a bird......
....that looks just like the tree???? Brown Creepers are pretty little birds, but I never manage to get a good photo. Believe it or not, there is a bird in that photo above. Can you find it?? Neither can my camera most of the time. I'll give you a hint.....look at the very bottom (or click to enlarge).
If I can get a bit of a side view the white throat shows, but mostly it just gives me a view of its back which happens to blend perfectly with my Ash tree.
Here the color shows better and I can at least see the bird.
Even with the new big lens, this is the best I could do from my front door. If I step outside it disappears. Some day......sigh.
The Chickadee is much nicer and gave me a lovely pose.
"Where are the peanuts?"
The House Finch female looks rather winsome here. Probably dreaming about spring.
Or maybe she is dreaming about her handsome mate :-)
The Goldfinch and Cardinal decided to share the feeder for a change.
The Blue Jay doesn't share with anyone.....he is busy stuffing 4 peanuts into his mouth. Greedy!
It's a good thing he has such beautiful feathers to make up for his greedy bossy nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I posted a Treecreeper on my W&W blog yesterday, Mary, and wonder whether there is much difference between 'your' creeper' and 'mine'? Your ash would be a great contender for The Tree Year here!
Treecreepers are never easy Mary.
Excellent catch of a Brown Creeper! Haven't seen one of those in a while, they're pretty neat.
I know what your saying about those Creepers. I saw one the other day, but by the time I focused my camer,a I couldn't find it on the tree anymore....Of course, maybe it flew away.
Thank you for visiting my blog the other day. Quilting is something I have just recently started to do. I have sewn most of my life. My mom was always the quilter in our family. She passed away a little over a year ago at age 94, so now I guess it's my turn. So far I have really enjoyed it.
It's always great to be able to find a Creeper! I know what your saying about the same old sights...I'm ready for some green and color!!
I'm not complaining either since I get to see so many wonderful birds on your blog. The creeper certainly blends in with his surroundings, as do ours here which I have never managed to snap yet. They are very shy and elusive and I can only see them if they are moving by which time they usually are also gone.
Love the Creeper. I have only ever seen one here, and it was so difficult to photograph!
I like seeing ALL your birds. Mary.
A break in tennis?
Have a wonderful day.
B.
Hi Mary...I had to look real close to see that little bugger( perhaps a need my glasses changed) : }}
Very nice photos of your visitors!!
Great pictures, Mary.... I haven't seen any Robins around here lately... Last year, they would come around when the weather was bad. So far this year, our weather hasn't been as bad as last year... SO--I guess they are still okay out there somewhere. They haven't found the heated birdbath either--but all of the other birds have.
Hugs,
Betsy
Great pictures, Mary! And I never tire of seeing them. You must have a very good vantage point!
Have a great day!
I know the frustration of try to capture that brown Creeper.They are almost impossible to get.Love all your other birds.They look great.
Ruth
Hi Mary. I never tire of viewing all those species that are regularly visiting your garden. Treecreepers wear the ultimate camouflage and are a challenge for any of us to get up close for a decent image.
I had to look twice before I found the Brown Creeper in your first photo. You did a great job of seeing it in the first place. You did a great job with all your pictures.
How cool to have a Brown creeper in your yard! And I LOVE all of your "regulars" :)
Thank you everyone! I'll keep working on that Brown Creeper and will get a good photo one of these days.....hope he sticks around awhile.
My goodness, I almost couldn't find the creeper after enlarging the picture...if you had not given a hint, I am not sure I would have ever found it.
Post a Comment