It's World Bird Wednesday! Time to show our favorite birds to the others.
For more World Bird Wednesday...click on the icon.
My bird today is the Carolina Wren. I've been seeing a lot of it the last few days. It is such a busy little wren, constantly moving....which makes picture taking difficult.
Of the feed that I have to offer, it likes the suet best.
During our recent snow it posed for me nicely while it took a rest from the wind.
It chooses some pretty silly postures for eating at times.....surely this isn't the easy way to reach this?
Here we have it doing calisthenics on the suet cage. Why it chooses to eat from the bottom...who knows?
It checks every one of my suet feeders!
....and the ground.
This was funny. This bird can hang on anything....anything! So where does it choose to try to get the suet? At the place where it is furthest from reach! All it would need to do is move around to the side of the cage and hang there instead. I'm getting the idea that this bird may not be too smart at times.
For more World Bird Wednesday...click on the icon.
19 comments:
Detirmined Petty and not smart. I wish I had wrens In the last couple of years I can count the nuber of wrens in my garden on the fingers of one hand, no thumb included. So I love sharing your birds Mary even if they are not too bright.XXX Don
What a cute bunch of pictures, Mary! The Carolina Wren is a favorite of mine. And BTW, I love your headed showing the wind ruffling his feathers.
Fantastic series of pictures.With a bird like that around,one would not even need a TV for entertainment.:)
Blessings,Ruth
good morning Mary~ these are some nice photos. the carolina wren is beautiful. i think i'm going to have to try hanging some suet out for the birds. everyone seems to have a lot of birds around because of it. hope all is well. have a great day.
He really is just the sweetest! Adorable back view with his little tail in the air. You have been busy even decorating the feeder for the birds. Nice ribbon.
These are beautiful shots of the Carolina Wren Mary! I love that shot of the bird doing calisthenics but my favorite would have to be the second shot with the suet on its beak.
Don: They are cute, and I guess if they got the food too easily, I would not get any photos :-)
Dorothy: Thanks...I like that shot, too.
Ruth: Good thing for me, because I don't watch much TV (except tennnis)
Naquillity: Yes, do get suet. Good for them and so many of the nice birds love it. Woodpeckers in particular.
Arija: I liked that shot of the tail in the air, too...made me smile.
Larry: Thanks...it does manage to get the food eventually.
Hi Mary...oh my goodness is there any position he can't get into...you must have a great time watching and taking photos of him..what a hoot ...: }
Excellent captures of this little bird. Quite a little acrobat too lol
Did this little bird put on a show for you or what!
It is our great fortune that you were ready with your camera and could share the moment. You have a great little neighbor there! ;-)WBW
Great photos and the little bird is so cute. I like the pretty bow on the feeder too!
Great Series of photos with a grand commentary. Boom & Gary Of The Vermilon River.
Hi Mary, why did you switch to that hose/pipe instead of the stick along the bottom???? I love my stick --and the birds seem to like it... (I got that idea from you.) SO--if the hose works better, tell me about it....
Cute little Carolina Wren.
Hugs,
Betsy
Marvelous pictures Mary. This little bird is such a cutie, and you are so lucky to have it hang around.
B.
These are great pictures of the Carolina Wren. I hope he eventually figured out how to get to the suet.
I love Carolina wrens. I miss the pair that used to stay in an old gift bag in our window sill every winter.
Good collection, looks like you have a lot of visitors at your feeding place! Love your snow geese shots in one of your previous posts!
Thanks everyone!
Mary, it's been way too long since I've made it over here. These photos are gorgeous as are the ones above, the geese and of course the squirrel. Hope your holidays will be warm and cozy and loving.
Post a Comment