Thursday, December 9, 2010

The peanut thief......

I've been putting out some peanuts for the Titmouse and Chickadees, but yesterday the Blue Jays discovered them. I spent about an hour watching the Jays stealing peanuts!






"Do I look like a thief???"
"Hee hee hee......fooled her."

16 comments:

Arija said...

It's worth a lot of peanuts to get those great shots.

Anonymous said...

What a hungry predatory looking jays!
Each time I see birds eating those huge looking peanuts - it makes me laugh - such 'faces' they have )

Caroline Gill said...

WHAT a beautiful bird, Mary, so different from our UK Jays. However, i sense from your comments that they are probably of the same temperament as our variety!

Kerri Farley said...

Great captures of the Blue Jay :)

Mary said...

Arija: I do wish they would leave a few for the Titmouse, who just loves them.

Aluajala: They are beautiful, but greedy :-)

Caroline: I'm sure all jays are thieves at heart and very cheeky.

Kerri: Thanks...they have such beautiful color and markings.

Dorothy said...

Hi Mary, That Blue Jay is a beautiful bird but he is a thief!
I learned to despise this bird when I was a kid because Daddy did. We had several Pecan trees and they were always stealing our precious Pecans!
Have a happy Thursday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Blue jays and peanuts are just made for each other.Great shots.
Blessings,Ruth

George said...

These are great pictures of the peanut thief!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My----A Peanut Thief in your midst.... I've told you this before but for some reason our Bluejays disappear every winter... Don't know where they go because I've seen them around the Glade. BUT--they aren't at our home until Spring.

SO--we don't have any peanut thieves here... Our Nuthatches are the ones who LOVE the peanuts.

Great pictures, Mary.
Hugs,
Betsy

Don Wood said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I want Blue Jays here in the UK. YOUR Birds are beautiful

Kelly said...

Hahaha! Great series...

grammie g said...

Hi Mary ...where does time go..I am behind on my comments.
This is very funny ...I bet he would have tryed to get two in his beak if he could have!! lol

Anonymous said...

Absolutely superb shots Mary.

Rose said...

Although Blue Jays are not the nicest bird, they sure are beautiful--you could have used these for that meme Midweek Blues I think it is.

Becky said...

You got this guy to really pose for you Mary. perfect!
B.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone....
Don: I'm not sure I want to do any bird exchanges with the UK. However, we will be happy to return the House Sparrows :-)