
It's World Bird Wednesday. I had a good week for special birds....Whooping Cranes and Cedar Waxwings....but I already posted them :-) So these are my latest birds.
"I DON'T LIKE THIS WEATHER!"
Poor Robin....spring is a long way off!
The Robins have been helping the Waxwings with the crab apples.
And yesterday I noticed two of the Cardinals in the crab apple tree. Talk about good camouflage.....hide a red bird in the red berries!
They don't show as much interest in them as the Waxwings, but I guess they must eat some of them too.
I put sunflower seeds on this feeder behind the corn for the squirrel....but the Cardinal likes this spot, too.
........and the swinging feeder.
I didn't get any new Waxwing shots that were any better than the previous post even though I had some sunshine this time. Still lots of apples out there, so I'll keep trying!
For more World Bird Wednesday posts click on the icon at the top of this post.
17 comments:
Love that sweet Robin photo Mary! Hope all the birds enjoy your bird haven!!
Eve: Thanks! Watching birds makes winter bearable!
Mary, you always manage to get really good pictures of your birds!
The Robin is so pretty!
HI Mary..your photo are all so nice with such colorful birds!!
The Cardinals are so beautiful and
Poor puff-puff Robin looks pretty cold..there always seems to be some who stick out the winter here ...do they there?
Wow, your shots are wonderful! I've only seen a waxwing once and I almost missed the shot from enjoying just looking at him!
Great shots - I like the cardinal with the corn and on the swing!
Wow! Talk about a great week of bird photography! The Waxwings in your Monday post take the cake. I am buying a crab apple tree today.
Your back yard is a song bird studio! ;-)WBW
Great bird pictures, Mary.... Love that first one of the Robin... Poor birdies... It has been so cold this week. Our feeders have been busy.
Hugs,
Betsy
I feel the way that first robin looks! I like all your pictures of the birds in the crab apple tree.
Great shots.The expression on that Robins' face is one of disgust.Love the Cardinals.
Blessings,Ruth
Thank you everyone! With it getting colder, the bird activity has really picked up!
Stopped by for a visit.
I really like the bird in the first photo. It looks all hunched up and uncomfortable!
All of these are wonderful - but that puffed up Robin steals the show!
A wonderful series of delightful photos! Really love all the angles you took of those little bluejays! Such characters!
Great series of shots to brighten a dull day. Boom & Gary Of the Vermillon River.
I actually thought Robins wintered farther south. This one does look a bit cold. I didn't know Cardinals ate apples from your crab tree either. Must be mine don't taste good. Nobody eats them.
B.
Post a Comment