Sunday, December 26, 2010

Squirrel Sunday.....snow!

We got snow for Christmas! In southern Indiana we tend to measure our snow in inches rather than feet. This was about a three inch snow....just enough to make everything pretty, but not too slick or dangerous. "Well, I wish they would turn that white stuff off....it makes me cold and cranky!"
(I don't know about "cold", Star.....but you are always cranky!)
"Well, if you lived outside with a few leaves surrounding you for a nest, you'd be cranky, too!"
(Point taken, Star....Merry Christmas......I'll leave lots of food)

A few snow shots...the wreath on the door caught just enough to look pretty.

The branches of the Ash tree.

The crab apple....still plenty of fruit on it, but the birds are working on it.

The bushes at the corner.

The maples in the side yard.

A splash of red to cheer the day!

Downy on the suet.

Our "snow dome"........I was too lazy to walk down the road for a nice shot from the side.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got lots of nice presents.
Mike got me a longer lens to attach to my fixed one.....still testing it.

10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am looking forward to seeing those pictures taken with a new lens.I can just never get enough of those pretty snow pictures.

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Love that cardinal.THey show up so bright in the snow.
Mary Ann

Leanne said...

Love the first photo how funny does he look jammed in that box and how beautiful does the cardinal look against the snow.

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...I'm home and waiting for the big blizzard to hit Maine..lol..
These young weathermen have never lived thought a real Maine winter like we had when I was a kid!!
Star sure has looks like he's not happy!!
Nice photo's and the Cardinal is so pretty,but didn't notice the House Sparrow(?) in the picture at first look!!

Unknown said...

Great series of photos. Boom & Gary of The Vermilon River.

Dorothy said...

Your snow pictures are so pretty, Mary! We got snow but not that much and it didn't stay around for long.

Don Wood said...

Hi Mary its not the snow that makes Star Cranky he does some pretty daft things even when there is no snow, I love the piccies XXX Don

Judy said...

Lovely shots of the snow! And the birds! My dogs complain all winter about someone turning off the heat in the bathroom, so I can see why Star would be cranky, too!

Becky said...

Yes, All that snow is pretty, but actually I'm already tired of it.
We got just a dusting over Christmas. Just enough to make everything look clean again. I do love the Cardinals against the white.
B.

Eve said...

Beautiful Mary...I love the Snow Dome!!