Sunday, December 5, 2010

Squirrel Sunday....."It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

Me: "Hey, Star.....I put up your Christmas decoration, what do you think?"Star: "As long as it doesn't interfere with my eating you can do whatever you like!"
Me: "Well.....I've found that it's pretty hard to interfere with your eating...ever!"

"If he doesn't want the food, I'll take it and I think that the decoration is very festive."

Me: "Looks like you found a wren to share with....very nice Mr. Nuthatch. Just chase Star away anytime you want."

13 comments:

Leanne said...

That top snap would be a nice Christmas card.

Naquillity said...

that squirrel is adorable. and your little sayings throughout the post is cute. we saw about 4 or 5 squirrels the other day coming back from the vet. they were all over. and, of course, i didn't have my camera with me. sigh...

have a great day.

Don Wood said...

Poor Star being chased off HIS very own food bar by two little birds, (Dont let his mates know)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is such a good idea,to decorate the feeders.The birds will not mind,I'm sure.
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

Mary, I love to see your feeders decorated. I know that makes Star feel special, too! Love thos first two shots! Well, I love the bird shots, too!
Happy Sunday!

grammie g said...

Hi Mary..How nice..you decorated for you feathered Friends....and it makes for a great photo prop too!! Very cute....

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love the way you decorate the feeders... I think I remember you doing that last year also... I have not done that... HOWEVER, the lit garland and big red bows on our deck are CLOSE ENOUGH to the feeders....

It's very cold here this morning--and I felt so sorry for that puffed up bluebird at the feeders... He was trying to keep warm I'm sure --but he looked SO cold out there...

Cute pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy

Angie said...

Oh Mary, I love it!!! I wish I had a big tree in my yard, I would have to give you the ultimate in compliments by being a copycat. :D I've been out feeding the bazillions of finches, bluebirds, wrens, and sparrows. Maybe I could come up with a festive bow and greenery for my shepherd's crook? ;)

Richard Lawry said...

It is so nice that your wildlife decorates for Christmas :)

An Arkies Musings

Mary said...

Thank you everyone...I enjoy putting a bit of decoration on the suet feeders. The birds don't seem to mind, as long as I keep it out of their way and it makes for nice photos.

Angie: I was going to say that I'm sure it would work on a shepherd's hook just fine...I'm thinking about doing that on one of mine. For some reason I can't get anyone's email address to respond personally.

Becky said...

Cute, cute Mary. I never thought of putting decorations out for the birds. Cool idea.
B.

Rose said...

Star should appreciate you more than that!!! He sure is a cutie.

Eve said...

So Sweet Mary!