Someone told me about a new meme....World Bird Wednesday, so I thought I would give it a try!

Click on this icon to see more World Bird Wednesday posts.

You may get tired of my Downys but they are the birds that are posing for me the most at the moment :-)

This female stops in several times a day to get some suet.

The male Downy wanted a drink from the cup. He tried to reach from the branch, but that didn't work, so he worked his way down the tie wrap that I have it hung by. I haven't seen him do this before.

I like how he wraps his talons around the wrap while he drinks.

OK....back to the food!

It was nice of him to pose on the branch for me.

They also like to hang on the cage.

Titmice seem to like a varied diet and go back and forth between the sunflower seeds, peanuts, and suet.

A seed for dessert.
Those are my birds for today!
11 comments:
What a great set of photographs! I appreciate the company these little birds keep with us as we endure the winter cold. The detail on you photo's are amazing. These digital cameras are producing results that were undreamed of a few years ago. Just the study of the claws and feather detail boggels the mind! Your lead shot with the Downey looking up at the iron bird is sensational, full of mirth and spirit. ;-)WBW
As always Mary, I love seeing your home birds. They are giving us alot of enertainment now that the summer gang has left .
B.
From other photos I have seen, I did not realise the downy woodpecker was so small. Great to see the size against the feeder and titmouse for scale.
Beautiful shots Mary.
Awww...I love your photo series.
BTW...looked about and liked what I saw.:)
You're so good with the birds!
Springman: Thanks! I love all the woodpeckers.
Becky:Yes, the birds make the winter bearable!
Arija: I never think to list size. Downys are the smallest woodpecker I see. About 6.75".
Jean: Thank you!
Jenn: Thanks!
Beautiful pictures, Mary... Our Titmice don't ever seem to go to the suet.... They love the sunflower seeds the most I think...
Hope you enjoy your new meme.
Hugs,
Betsy
Downy's are very cute I love their tales.
Nicely captured series of downy and titmouse! They are such fun to watch.
Beautiful images Mary.
I don't think we could ever get tired of your Downys.
Post a Comment