I haven't seen any "partridges in a pear tree", but my pear was certianly busy yesterday with many visitors!
Whose tail is that? Someone who blends very well with the leaves.
Even in the more open areas, seeing the bird behind the leaves was tough.
Ah, ha!....out in the open at last!
There were at least a half dozen Robins picking at the pears in the early morning light and again in the late afternoon.
Got one!
Gulp! Usually they took their prize to a nearby tree to eat them, but this one stayed put.
I hope it is only the pears and not the buds they are eating. Look at all the empty stems!
Someone else is eating my pears! That yellow tail tip should identify this one!
Cedar Waxwings......I love them!
Reaching for the prize.
3 of a kind......
...... beats a pair.
I hated having such underneath shots, but the barest parts of the tree were near the top. When they get among the leaves I could barely see anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
LOL!! You are going to put up a sign for them saying they must ask permision next time and no take-aways. :)
Great shots Mary! Same birds Waxwings, Robins and Starlings have been in my trees too. I Love to watch them eat the berries - I will be sad when they are gone.
Joan: Well...since the pears are so tiny and not edible for humans, I'll let them have them all for the joy of watching them :-)
Kerri: Aren't they great? I'll miss them, too. I wish I had more berries and things they ate. I really love waxwings.
Neat pictures of these 'robbers'! Love thos Cedar Waxwings!! I seldom see them, though. Your pear tree will be suppling treats for a while!
Mary: Neat captures, my birdsseemed to have moved on and I'm waiting for a new group to fly in.
You got some wonderful shots of the visitors to your pear tree. It's obviously very popular -- do they leave any pears for you?
When I saw your title, I immediately thought, Cedar Waxwings. They love fruits. I never thought of Robins eating the pears. Interesting!!!
Our Robins and our Bluejays (both year-round birds here) have disappeared from my yard... Don't know where they went--but they aren't near here now...
Great post, Mary.
Hugs,
Betsy
What a fantastic assortment of birds!Too bad they all want the fruit at the top.Hope you get lots more visitors.
Blessings,Ruth
Thank you everyone! It was fun watching them. They can have all the tiny little ornamental pears they want. I enjoy waxwings so much, I would give them anything they wanted :-)
What a busy restaurant Mary. What kind of Pear tree? I've never seen one of these before. Do the Robins stay in your area all winter?
B.
B.
Becky: Some sort of ornamental pear. I know it isn't a Bradford, but something similar. I'm not sure about the Robins. My guide book says they are year round residents, but I don't see them around the feeders in the winter, so I don't know where they stay.
Post a Comment