Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jaguar babes.....

The main reason for going to the zoo last week was to see the baby jaguars which have just been allowed into the public area.A pair of sisters.....they are having a naming contest right now. Hmmm...any ideas?
Isn't she cute?

Mom came out to have a little meat, but wasn't too sure how she felt about having her babies on display.
You can see Mom glaring from the doorway while they crawl around. I believe she wanted them to come back inside.
"Don't touch my babies, or you answer to me!"
They have 2 zoo-cams set up to watch them on-line. Click here for the cams if interested.

14 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my goodness Mary, these are just too adorable!! How I would love to sit and play with them. :)

Lindy said...

Beautiful jagauars! I will definitely check out the zoo cam.

Mary said...

Joan: Being a cat lover, I thought the same thing. They look so cuddly, but I'm sure they already are a bit dangerous to play with :-)
Lindy: They are very lovely animals.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

So cute!

Mary said...

Ruth: Just big over-size kittens :-)

Anonymous said...

Lucky you seeing such gorgeous animals. but The zoo is not really the place for them, I have a thing about seeing any animal caged up here in Cairo zoo its awful they even have our domestic cats such as the main coon caged. awful disgusting smelly place.
http://nilelife.blogspot.com/2009/08/cairo-zoo.html

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

You got a beautiful set of photos here. I do agree with you about mum - she looks exactly like she's calling them back in.

Mary said...

Tony: I don't like to see animals caged either, although often zoos are the only place they are in breeding programs to keep them in existence. Most American zoos are pretty nice and provide good habitat. Right now these babes are in a fairly small area, but they have a nice outside area too, when the weather is better and they are bigger. They are just being allowed to be seen by the public right now. Mom would rather keep them hidden in the nursery room. I don't know what our zoo will do with them eventually.

Postcards: She was rather nervous for them.

George said...

These are beautiful jaguar cubs. I'm glad you had the opportunity to get these pictures, but I don't think I would want to argue with Mama Jaguar. She definitely did not look entirely pleased with the goings on!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Mary, Those little jaquar babies are just precious. Looks like Mama was watching though....

Great pictures1!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

You got some fantastic pictures Mary. They're gorgeous!
B.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Really nice captures of those beauties.

John Theberge said...

I love cats and those jaguar kittens sure are cute. I enjoyed all of your zoo photos.

Mary said...

Thank you all....it was nice to see them and I'm glad our zoo does such a nice job with breeding animals. Our zoo has the potential for so much more, if they just had more money. I appreciate getting to see the animals I would not see in the wild and they build much nicer habitats now then in the old days.