Friday, November 20, 2009

SkyWatch Friday.....

It's SkyWatch Friday time! On Thursday we finally got a bit of blue sky late in the day. I shot a few cloud photos at home.....so good to see blue and a bit of sunshine!
Looking up through the big Oak tree in the front yard.

Between the dome and the garage looking at one of our squirrel nests. I think there are 3 in that tree and 3 in the oak out front.
Too nice to stay home now that the sun was out, so we headed to the wetlands.
Being late in the afternoon, the reflections on the water were the most exciting part of the visit :-) I took a lot of those....I love looking at the pictures the trunks make on the water.
The sun is sinking......
....reflecting on the rail. Shooting the sun makes everything else look really dark.
Lighting up the plants on the water
...turning the tree squiggles orange
We drove down towards the river further southwest to try to catch more of the sunset.
Sinking into a sky or red and black.
That's my sky for this week. Suppose to be nice today.
What was in your sky this week?
Click on the sidebar icon for more SkyWatch Friday shots.

17 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi MAry,

These photos are amazing! I love sunsets and you having the opportunity to shoot where there is water....lucky you!
You have some exceptiona photos here....will be back!

XXOO!!
Anne

Eve said...

I always love your sky shots Mary!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: A beautiful series of shots. You sure picked a great place to capture the sky. What a great coloring in the sky.

Dorothy said...

Mary, I like your series of sky pictures! I'm always impressed with pictures of reflections!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm sure, Mary, that you are thrilled JUST to see the sun--after several dreary days. Me TOO!!!

You got some great pictures. I especially like the ones where the sun was almost setting. Beautiful!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Symphony of Love said...

The sinking sun had set the sky on fire.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely series of sky shots Mary. Those reflective ones at the end of the day are gorgeous, but then so are the others. Have a great weekend.

Rose said...

Mary, your sunset pictures are really beautiful!

(We didn't get any sun till today...but it is out in full force!)

Jenny said...

I love that sinking sun Mary! Glad you got out with some sunshine at last!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

A beautiful Skywatch, Mary. Love the beautiful reflections!

storyteller said...

Lovely varied skies shared in a wonderful photo series ... I especially loved the reflections but ALL are marvelous!
Hugs and blessings,
My Sky Watch

Kathie Brown said...

What gorgous skies you have to photograph! I love the shot looking up through the oak tree and the one of the tree in the V of the house roofs. I also like the one of the trees reflected in the water. Well done.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

GORGEOUS!!! The sunset pictures are superb.Love the star burst in one of them,but they are all gorgeous.
Blessings,Ruth

Becky said...

You have taken some awesome shots of the sun Mary. I really love how the colors are at the end of the day. We have a tall ski slope to our West making it difficult to get many sunsets, so I like seeing them from other bloggers.
Have a wonderful week-end.
B.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What beautiful pictures Mary. It has been icy cold, raining and wet here the past four days. Really miserble!! It seems as if the sun is trying to come out today so hopefully the cold spell is past for now.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! I was thrilled to have some lovely skies for a change and a great sunset. We've had a lot of dreariness lately.

Lindy said...

Your sunset shots and reflections are amazing! I'll bet you were saying 'ooh' and 'aahh' a lot as that sun was sinking! :D Beautiful!