It's SkyWatch Friday, so I went back through my most recent photos looking for sky shots.

A cloudy, but beautiful sky from the 4th.

A moon shot from the 8th.

A Waxwing leaping up on the 11th.

Robin doing his own skywatching :-) from the same day.

And yesterday I saw this Mockingbird on this pole while at the Hartman Arboretum looking for "berry stealing" birds.

He was my best candidate as far as photos went.

No sky here, but I liked how he was leaping upward to take off just as I shot.

..... and a mystery bird that I can't quite figure out.
Those are my recent skies....lots of blue and birds.
What's in your sky? To see more SkyWatch, click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to the SkyWatch team!
16 comments:
Nice photos! Great catch of the bird :-)
Thanks for sharing your blue sky and birds. I'm going to look for some "berry stealing" birds in my area today. :)
Great bird action shots too Mary.
Although the clouds are dramatically beautiful, I like your blue skies, birds and moon.
Mary: What a fun look at the skies filled with birds.
Great shots. You love your birds, don't you?!
Me, too. Thank you for visiting My Muskoka !
Hey Mary, love the Mockingbird one of him taking off. Great action shot. Your mystery bird is a Bluebird I think. Happy SWF!
Thanks everyone!
George: I prefer the blue skies and birds, too.
Jenny: Bluebird was one of my guesses. I could see that rusty looking color, but couldn't tell how much it covered.
I love that photo of the moon! You captured quite a few birds--great shots.
Lovely shots we rarely see the rain clouds here. I will have to start a sky watch Egypt, I was looking through the last years photos from the desert etc. and there are lots of photos of the skies.
Nothing better against the sky than birds. Lovely shot of the moon, too.
Hello Mary.... That mystery bird doesn't look much like a Bluebird to me. Could it be a Towhee???? Do you have them up there???? His song is "Drink Your Te-ee-ee-ee-ee".... I haven't seen one here--but saw them in NC in July.
Great sky pictures. Love that one of the Mocker in flight.
Hugs,
Betsy
The Mokingbird in flight is a gem of a shot! Well done.
That first sky shot looks so much like here Mary, BUT we have had several days of beautiful weather.
Great bird pictures. Of course I love the Waxwings. I almost never see them here.
B.
Great photos Mary. I love the moon! And that waxwing taking off! I'm pretty sure that's a bluebird on the end. My trees are full of them every day!
I agree the mystery bird is an Eastern Bluebird. The towhee is much larger, different shape, and has different coloring.
Many years ago I did a school project on the Eastern Bluebird (and won). They are such nice birds. Pretty too.
Great photos as usual Mary!
Post a Comment