Saturday, March 15, 2008
Summer remembered: Grace in motion....not so graceful sitting!
We all look forward to the return of hummingbirds to our area! They are such graceful little birds to watch as they hover in flight eating the nectar we provide.
But have you ever watched one sitting in a tree preening?? They don't look nearly as graceful when they are puffed out and sticking that long beak in their feathers! Look at the belly on this little guy!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! Beautiful shots!! I've never seen them in such interesting poses.
Our Ruby-throated Hummingbirds will be returning in early May and that is alawys an eagerly awaited event. My husband loves to watch the males do their 'looping' dance as they swoop up and down in a 'u' shaped movement.Your photos are a wonderful reminder of what beautiful expressions of flight and movements we have to look forward to.
WOW to think I get excited when a sparrow comes into my garden, amazing photos I look forward to this years. Mike.
Amazing, i dont think i have ever seen a hummingbird, thanks for sharing :D
And, what a great easterdecoratione you have :D
Hello to all of you! Last year was the first time I ever got pictures of them just sitting in the tree. Fortunately they often chose the tree right by my front door where I take pictures. I have lots of "hovering" shots that all look a lot a like except where the wings happen to be. I'll have to try video this year! Can't wait. The Ruby-Throat is the only one that I see here (I accidently put Rufous on someone's comment site...duh!)
Post a Comment