I'm going to go ahead and post several things, since my posting schedule is more messed up here.

This is one of my sister's pet turtles. He has been hibernating all winter and just woke up Monday. We found him wandering around the back yard when we got home from the museum.
The one below is a very nice shot Mike took at the Desert Museum of a different turtle!
We also got a couple of nice lizard pictures, but I don't know one lizard from another! I think it is the same lizard in both pics.
4 comments:
So cool, I love the second shot of the turtle, you have so much to see in your territory!
Turtles are definitely an interest to me and each June I find Snapping Turtles laying eggs; then I mark the nest site and watch it all summer hoping that it stays safe so that I might see the little ones hatch in the fall. Your turtle pictures are great... and how neat to have a pet turtle in your own yard. It sounds like a wonderful place out there.
Mary-
Beautiful Desert Tortoise!
Also, that picture of the water turtle is a red-eared slider. It never ceases to amaze me where these show up- They are an eastern US species that have been spread around the world for the food and pet trade.
Tom
Aunt B: thanks! My husband took that one.
Me and My Camera: That sounds really interesting. We have snapping turtles in our pond back home, but I do not know where to look for a nest. You will have to tell more about this in your blog! Dorothy's yard has a low wall and gates, so the tortoises is trapped there, but happy.
Tom: thanks for the info. The tortoise is one of several my sister was given and they seem happy living there and even reproduce.
Post a Comment