Wednesday, March 19, 2008
When it rains, it pours...
It rained the entire day yesterday...hard. We got at least 4 inches or more. Roads were flooded all over the city. Our pond filled up into the neighbor's yards and overflowed the spillway on the dam. The connecting ditches were full and raging. The neighbor with the lowest lot, down front, had water overflowing their front yard. We had this same heavy rain back on January 9th and I posted pictures then, so I did not even go out and take any yesterday. It is suppose to continue raining today! The good news is that none came in the skylight over the bed this time :-) Always a welcome plus. We did get some water in the unfinished part of our basement, but can't deal with it right now, since we are leaving on vacation today. Here is one picture of the swollen pond and a wet squirrel. I felt so sorry for the drenched birds that I didn't even want to take their pictures. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aha! So you're the one who sent me this rain today? ;-) I hope today is better there. That's a lot of rain. What a cute little wet squirrel.
Sandpiper: Don't blame me....I understand it is coming from the Gulf and we are just "passing it on" to you :-) I didn't drive anywhere yesterday that didn't have standing water on the roads. I should go look at Pigeon Creek today, but doubt I will have time. I'm sick of rain anyway.
Our trip home was horrendous. But it hadn't even rained in Murray or Henry Co. It did during the night though and now we can go swimming again in the basement! Thanks again for bailing my brainless hiney out yesterday! MJ
Melissa: No problem. We're anxious for you to move here, so we will do all we can to help!
Post a Comment