Ground Squirrel and other misc. Sabino Canyon pics.....
I saw this cute little Round-tail Ground Squirrel at Sabino Canyon.......same place as the rattlesnakes, but much friendlier :-)
These were some unexpected wildflowers growing among the cacti. Taking pictures of the various plants was how I almost stepped on the rattlesnakes.....but I became a lot more careful after my close encounter!.
I'm enjoying all the pictures that you took! They are really beautiful. The squirrel is adorable. The picture of the bird on the cactus is wonderful. I love the different landscape. If I lived there, I think I would miss the trees though.
Sandpiper: Yes...the lack of trees is what bothers me the most...and even grass which here at home I hate mowing! My husband says that Tucson paint stores must only sell about 6 colors of paint...light brown, medium brown, dark brown, a small can of red and of turquoise :-) It is all you see in the landscape and the houses and everywhere...brown, brown, brown.
Mike: I thought he was the cutest thing I had seen while I was there....I love small furry animals :-) And he must have been a bit tame, since he posed so nicely for me. He was near the nature center of the canyon and I bet he got occasional handouts of food.
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
4 comments:
I'm enjoying all the pictures that you took! They are really beautiful. The squirrel is adorable. The picture of the bird on the cactus is wonderful. I love the different landscape. If I lived there, I think I would miss the trees though.
Sandpiper: Yes...the lack of trees is what bothers me the most...and even grass which here at home I hate mowing! My husband says that Tucson paint stores must only sell about 6 colors of paint...light brown, medium brown, dark brown, a small can of red and of turquoise :-) It is all you see in the landscape and the houses and everywhere...brown, brown, brown.
How cute is that ground squirrel, lovely shots.
Mike: I thought he was the cutest thing I had seen while I was there....I love small furry animals :-) And he must have been a bit tame, since he posed so nicely for me. He was near the nature center of the canyon and I bet he got occasional handouts of food.
Post a Comment