Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pigeon Creek Greenway trail..

I finished up Friday by leaving the ducks and geese behind............... and walking part of the Pigeon Creek Greenway trail (http://www.pcgreenway.org/route.html). I used to walk it regularly until my knee told me that I couldn't do that any more. It reminded my why today, on the way back! (groan, creak, pop, ouch, ouch, ouch). The city plans to eventually make this trail circle our entire city! They have an area by the Ohio River finished....walking on the levee basically, and this short 2 mile stretch along part of Pigeon Creek. I would love to take a canoe on the creek if they ever offer rentals.The winding path leads under two highways and along the levee in the finished area. My goal was to get to "the big fish". This is a sculpture that was erected near one marshy overflow area where I thought I might see more water fowl....but didn't. I was pleased that the "Big Fish" was still there and basically un-vandalized! It is a huge fishing pole with a metal fish suspended from it. I'd hate to pull that monster in!



















I enjoyed watching the clouds and the dark shapes of the trees peeking over the levee more than anything. I'll come back some day when things are green again for better shots.
So often with nature photography, we don't find the picture that we went out looking for, but we find something we like just as well :-) God keeps us in a state of surprise!
I liked this "S".....for spooky.....tree. Tree branches against clouds are always a favorite of mine.

6 comments:

John Theberge said...

Thanks for the nice comments on the last couple of posts I put up. It'll be a while before we see the abundant wildlife around here like there are in your photos. We have so much snow it's hard to get around, that's why I've been posting photos from the past.

Mary said...

We are on the verge of spring...maybe...fingers crossed. It was up to 70! on Sunday but now we are back in the 40's and may get a bit of snow tonight...and lots of rain.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

I so enjoyed your walk! All the pretty geese and ducks, and the scenery around you is lovely. The fish is cute! That sky is gloriously blue and I love the cloud formations and that pretty, spooky tree.

I hope your knee has recovered.

Mary said...

Sandpiper, Thanks! The knee is fine once I rest it again. Not ready for a new one...yet...but someday. The whole weekend was nice and warm....and now we are drowning in rain with possible snow (sigh). I know it is near the end of winter....but March "came in like a lamb", so it may "go out like a lion"!

me ann my camera said...

The last two pictures were very beautiful. I was taking some cloud pictures today also. Sometimes there doesn't have to be anything else around; just look up and there are ever changing patterns in the sky.

Mary said...

I really love clouds. I like to sit outside in my hammock (in appropriate weather) and just watch them. I call it "cloud therapy" and it always relaxes me. Especially when they are big and puffy like these with lots of blue sky.