We decided to check out Montezuma's Well, which is a natural spring about 40 feet straight down. There are some ruins of Indian dwellings in the wall of the well. The Indians lived there for 500 years. This is a hot springs. The Indian's considered it sacred.

At the top of the well, we walked past a tree where a wren was sitting and singing it's little heart out. Here are a couple pictures as well as the video above. It had more of a repertoire than I captured. Very pretty to watch and listen to.

4 comments:
Oh Mary! This is wonderful! What a beautiful place. I love the sound of the bird on the video and the picture of the birds. The ruins have always fascinated me. I have to go there someday and see them!
Sandpiper: Yes, it was a great place. I wish that I had captured more of his song. He was a beautiful singer. There were ducks down on the water, but my pictures are so far away, and I haven't had time to play with them yet.
I've been there, too, though I didn't see a wren. Did you go down the hill path to the stream?
Wren: No...I have a bad knee and going up and down too many hills or steps hurts too much. I just watched from the top.
Post a Comment