Dunked in milk or tea....yum!
REFRIGERATOR COOKIES:
1 c. shortening .............. 1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar .................. 1 tsp. salt
2 eggs ........................ 3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda .................. 1 c. chopped pecans
Blend shortening, sugars, salt and eggs. Add dry ingredients. Blend and shape into two rolls. Roll in wax paper and chill for several hours (or days). Slice and bake on cookie sheets 10-11 minutes at 375 degrees. I usually double the recipe and roll up 4 rolls to be sliced and baked as needed over the holidays.
" Do I get one.....they've got nuts in them ?????"
REFRIGERATOR COOKIES:
1 c. shortening .............. 1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar .................. 1 tsp. salt
2 eggs ........................ 3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda .................. 1 c. chopped pecans
Blend shortening, sugars, salt and eggs. Add dry ingredients. Blend and shape into two rolls. Roll in wax paper and chill for several hours (or days). Slice and bake on cookie sheets 10-11 minutes at 375 degrees. I usually double the recipe and roll up 4 rolls to be sliced and baked as needed over the holidays.
(Sorry.....these are "people food". Keep your paws off of my cookies!)
12 comments:
Come on, Mary, where's your Christmas spirit? The little guy just wants one! Seriously, the cookies look and sound delicious.
Merry Christmas Mary (and don't feed them rodents)!
Cookies are my weakness! I can't eat just one. Star probable wants more than one, also. Great picture of the little charmer.
Merry Christmas!
I love Christmas cookies also---and dunking them in milk is truly wonderful. YUM!!!!!
Poor litte squirrel... Just give him ONE bite... Can't you see his tears???? Besides, you need to keep him happy in your yard --and not in mine!!!! ha
Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy
Aw Mary, I bet you break down and give him a crumb or two. Those do look delicious! Please send some over to have with my Lady Grey Tea! (-:
Merry Christmas!
That recipe sounds simple and easy and delicious!
I'm glad you shared your recipe. Those look like cookies my mom used to bake. Now I will try your recipe and see if it is the same. They look wonderful! I'll dunk mine in coffee, though! =)
Awfully cute photo of your squirrel. Is that "Star?"
Merry Christmas!
I'm sorry....no cookies for critters! They eat too much already. They would run away, if I opened the door anyway :-)
Lindy: I'm not sure if "Star" is still around or not. I'm sure Star was actually more than one squirrel, but the ones I have now appear to be younger squirrels mostly. I still think of my squirrels as "Star" no matter what one is out there.
Those cookies look just like ones my Mom used to make.They are delicious.Have a Christmas filled with peace and love.
Blessings,Ruth
haha! What a cutie....recipe sounds good. Merry Christmas!
Dorothy said the same . With me its as soon as they come out of the oven.
will try your recipe for new year's eve. I made treacle toffee as its one off for Christmas. and its soooo easy to make, only two ingredients.
and this water buffalo butter is oh so creamy. it reflects in the taste of the toffee. only problem was I do not have a toffee hammer so I had to use the claw hammer. and ended up with tiny pieces. did not spoil the taste though. Have a nice day. ps, did you enjoy my Christmas special.
I will be trying those cookies Mary, and aw come on, you could spare just one for "Star". He's been so good this year...
B.
Post a Comment