Why is it that the only lines most people remember from "A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens are "Bah Humbug!" ....... closely followed by "God bless us everyone"! I found a great Christmas Carol quiz on the internet.........go to this site and answer the questions and see how much you really know about "A Christmas Carol".http://www.perryweb.com/Dickens/puzzle_carol.shtml
You didn't get all 10 correct??? Why not? You must not have watched the movie often enough! My husband is a "Christmas Carol" junkie. We own every version that he approves of. (he refused to buy the musical version with Albert Finney, but I may sneak out and by that one for myself)
1. The 1938 Reginald Owen version
2. The 1951 Alistair Sims version3. An undated version with Fredric March and Basil Rathbone as Marley
4. A 1935 (?) version called Scrooge with Sir Seymour Hicks
5. The 1999 Patrick Stewart version
9. The animated Disney version
10. An Animaniacs version
11. We even have a set of old 78 records with the tale read by Basil Rathbone.
12. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
This beloved Christmas story has been retold so many times we should all know it well! There are other lesser known and some not so good versions out there that Mike hasn't wanted.....the Henry Winkler version, the Kelsey Grammer version (get real).
This tale of a mean old miser, who is visted by ghosts and given a new lease on life and a new understanding of the love and giving of Christmas is a great story! Mike tries to watch as many versions as he can each year and each actor brings a bit of something new to the role. I asked if he had favorites and he ended up naming most of them!So get busy and watch one! It will brighten your holiday! No more "Bah Humbug" or the ghost of Christmas Future may come pay you a visit!



6 comments:
I won't tell you my score. I've seen a few versions of the movie, but I'm not sure I could tell you which version I like best. The story is a great one, however.
Hi Mary, I haven't seen many of these versions --but I do love the old black and white version the best. I usually have a hard time watching 're-makes' to the old movies. Guess that shows how old I am!!!! ha
Hugs,
Betsy
Mary: I love the story but haven't watched it this year. I only got 6 of 10.
Mary, do you mean to tell me you do not click on my photos to enlarge them, they go bigger than your screen. 1000x 500
I remember way back when my Dad always watched Scrooge on Christmas eve. It was a tradition, but somehow I just never became interested. Maybe it was too scary.
B.
It's such a fun story, I love it. Did the new one come out yet? Are you going to see it? You'll have to let us know!
Post a Comment