(I don't know what the problem is, but Blogger won't let me move these two photos. I added them late and it refuses to allow me to drag them lower down in the post....frustrating! It shows me a circle with a line diagonally across it when I try to move them. Anyone else have this sort of problem???)
I actually got out of the house to take some photos today......we made a stop at the wetlands to see if anything was there to see.
Not much in the way of living creatures around, but this Great Blue Heron was posing when we arrived. Look at all the damaged trees around it.
Everywhere we looked there was damage from beavers. We also saw a lot of recent vandalism, which upset me.....a shopping cart in the water, several wooden railings removed and thrown in the water, the usual collection of bottles and cans....sigh.
There was a nice looking hornet's nest hanging low over the water. Some kid probably tried to get it down.
At least it provided a subject for me to take photos of :-)
It was a great day for reflections and I took a lot of them and then had fun playing with them on the computer, as seen below.




No playing here...just the clouds reflecting on the water.
This big tree that lies in the water provided a lot of wavy branches.
Grass works for nice reflections, too!
I like the background of leaves below the surface.
A red leaf caught in a trunk
More grassy plants
There were several Canada Geese around.
This Mockingbird was flitting back and forth between two bushes along the edge of the water, and we couldn't decide what he was doing.....getting some sort of berries maybe? However, he wouldn't sit where Mike could get a good photo. Whenever a photo is in an awkward place for my short height, I hand the camera over the my taller spouse :-)
Since I took these so late, I will just make them my post for both Tuesday and Wednesday unless something exciting shows up tomorrow!
18 comments:
You always come back with fascinating pictures when you visit the wetlands. I like what you did on the computer as well. I was sorry to hear that your wetlands suffer from vandalism and trash.
These are wonderful pictures! I love the reflections! Sometimes I have trouble moving pictures and end up deleting them and re-posting them where I want them.
Its a good job you do not live here not only is there trash in almost every photo I take of a bird on the Nile and its reed beds but I have now given up on trying to save this land I cannot win against this trash corrupt government. my last blog on this pollution of the Nile and rape of Nile land is in the process of being finished,
After I went back to get the last photos I met some people who's land has been stolen.( If you are not paid for something that's stealing) all the story will be on the http://.nilelife2.blogspot.com
Anyway Mary, The blessings of our Lord and Savior be with you. at this blessed time of the year.
Your reflections are gorgeous!
It is very exciting to see hornet's nest - I've never seen one before.
I liked your reflections both that you played with and unaltered. Sad thing that places like this suffer from vandalism.
About your picture problem: have you tried to move them via html editor? In short you need to switch from 'compose' to 'edit html' there your post starts with 1st paragraph of your text and then a piece of code that starts with symbol "<" then "a onblur" and finishes with "a" and the same symbol ">" which is your photo. Each photo that you upload to blogger starts and ends with these tags. What you need to do is cut the piece of code for your first photo and then paste it in the same form to the place you need it to be. Then do the same thing with the second photo. Then switch to 'compose' view and see if the picture has moved to where you wanted. This should do the trick. Hope my explanation is not too complicated and helps you.
Lovely reflections and playing around with them made the colors lovely.
I use Aluajala's method of moving photos around too.
Aluajala and Cicero: Good grief that sounds complicated! I usually load my photos in the exact order I want them, but in the past you could just drag them somewhere else if necessary. Sigh...always making things more complicated rather then simpler. Thanks for the help.
I went and looked at what you are talking about....too hard to interpret for me! The next time I want to add a photo, I just won't do it!
You've done some cool things with the reflections Mary.
I'm having the same problem with Blogger not letting me move the pictures. In my Remember Whensday post I wanted to switch the picture order, but can't.:(
Too bad a few people have to destroy some of the beauty we have around and spoil it for those of us who just want to enjoy!.
Temp last night -3ยบ
Sunny here today, but rain on the way. Probably a sloppy Christmas for us.
B.
Nice group of shots...I am trying to make a few visits, but need to go wrap presents and get that finished.
I was going to tell you how to do the photos in html but see someone else has already told you. Later on tonight if I get time, want me to send you some actual examples, and maybe it will help. (My brother taught me that way.)
Here I made a picture to make it look less complicated:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/Aluajala/img.jpg
This is a screenshot of my own post in 'edit html' mode. (don't be afraid of all that messy code - I tend to use so much html that it sometimes scares myself too)
in red I showed where each image code starts and where it ends. The code that starts and finishes with a's (including < and >'s) is your picture so you can cut and paste it wherever you want in your post.
Try making some draft post with some text and upload one image and play with moving the code instead of moving the image.
Hope this helps a little more. I like your photos very much and it is very sad that you have problems uploading and moving them.
Mary, I've learned alot by using HTML... I never knew it before--but am finding it fairly easy to work with... That's how I can change the size of my pictures on my blog also.
I also use the OLD Blogger editor...I tried the new one ---but didn't like it. SO--by using the old editor, I can easily get the pictures where I want them...
One of the hardest things for me to determine when looking at someone's pictures is whether their captions are above or below the pictures I am looking at. By using the OLD editor--I can spread my pictures out more and put the correct captions directly under (or over) that picture. That seems to help...
Good Luck! I love the reflection pictures ---and what you did to the photos.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Lots of Hugs,
Betsy
I know I can learn this...I just feel very resistent to the idea at the moment. My dad always told me I was stubborn :-) Such work, when dragging worked easily. I normally load my photos in the order that I want them and have no trouble whatsoever, so this isn't a big problem for me. When my brain feels a bit sharper, I will look at this again. Thanks for all the help from all of you!
I love all those reflections.The color you added is also pretty.I think that sometimes an image just has more interest when it is in a refection.
Blessings,Ruth
Ruth: I agree....these would have been boring as the real thing, but as reflections, they have interest.
These are fantastic Mary. I love what you have done with them!!
Wishing you a fantastic Christmas and New Year Mary. You are a wonderful friend to have. Thank you.
Hugs,
Joan
Ah, those reflections are AWESOME!!!
Mary, I REALLY like the work you did with the reflection photos! REALLY!! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment