Some of the ground feeding birds were busy by the front step yesterday giving me a lot of "front, side, and back" views to study.
I'm including this rather distant shot, just because it had 3 of them in it at once....Junco, Song Sparrow, and Carolina Wren.
The Cardinal doesn't usually pose very well for me....too skitterish, but he didn't see me when he sat on the hook while heading down to the seeds on the ground.
A side shot....
.....a back shot. I love being able to study the colors and patterns of bird feathers.
The House Finch male sat in the dish for awhile giving me his side view......
....and back view. I like the subtle reddish color mixed in the grey.
The Song Sparrow moves so much, I didn't think I would ever get a decent shot, but he finally posed for a few seconds. Sparrows always have interesting combinations of stripes and colors.
The back view....I like the back stripes and wing edges. I never see a lot of Song Sparrows, but always have at least a pair hanging around in the bushes somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Lovely set of images Mary.
I love your photos and better yet your comments.
What wonderful photos! Love the cardinal.
Wonderful pictures of your birds today, Mary. That looks like a male Cardinal, but he must be in transition. His feathers on his body look different. Maybe he will get his bright red feathers later.
The color and subtle patterns of the birds feathers is so amazing.I think that those of us who do photography 'see' alot more than others.Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Blessings,Ruth
Mary: Those are certainly wonderful captures of the neat wren. They never stay very long for me.
Roy: Thanks!
Peggy: Thanks for stopping by!
Annie:Thanks...he was a nice bright red one.
Dorothy: The Cardinal feathers vary in shade. Some are darker than others and he was in the shade.
Ruth: I agree....looking through a camera makes you pay attention to the details of each bird.
Tom: I know what you mean...he always shakes his head or moves just about the time I click the button.
You got some great pictures, Mary, of my favorite birds---from all angels.....
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment