Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cardinals.....

It's blowing a bit of snow this morning and the Cardinals and House Sparrows are out bright and early saying "hurry up with the food"! Mr. C with a few flakes.
They like the rail better than any where else.
Mrs. Cardinal out front the day before.....she is more shy and harder to get good photos.
"Hello....come here often? Mind if I join you?"

"You're not very talkative.....isn't the food good here? Seems fine to me."

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

Pretty birds! Your captions crack me up! Wish we had a little snow to make it more Christmasy.

Don Wood said...

Dorothy here in the south east tip of England we have had about 3 inches and you are welcome to every bit of it. Nice piccies Mary XX Don

Jenn Jilks said...

Always amazed that we don't have cardinals at our feeders in My Muskoka !
Thank you for sharing yours. I love the header!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The Cardinals are ever so pretty.I can see why they visit your place,with a buffet like that spread out for them.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, Your captions are WONDERFUL... Love the one of the female Cardinal talking to the 'fake' bird... Cute!!!!

No snow here today... Got a little bit during the night but it is gone.

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I love both your photos and your captions. The cardinal is beautiful in the snow.

Becky said...

Don't you just love Cardinals? I had 3 pair here today. Thanks to you I now put seeds on my deck rail. I have a heated bird bath out there for them too. Not very many takers yet. The creek is still open, and I think they go there to drink.
B.

Lindy said...

Very nice captures of Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal. I think cardinals are my favorite. Ours are very skitterish but it's probably because of the Cooper's hawk that keeps coming around!

Eve said...

Your Cardinals look like they are ready for Christmas Mary!

Anonymous said...

Great photos of a beautiful bird Mary.

Kelly said...

...Be-a-utiful shots of the cardinals, and you know how I love them!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: We sure have a lot of Cardinals in our area now.