Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrr.......

It was COLD yesterday and suppose to be worse today.Ozma knows how to spend a cold day....curl up on a warm cushion under the tree and do a bit of snoozing and dreaming.
The early morning light on the lake. The sky was funny all day and the wind cold.

A couple ducks who look like they are swimming on aluminum foil. I didn't even want to go outside and just opened the door and shot from the doorway.
The Bluejay found some seeds and corn, so he wasn't complaining too much.
A new suet cake for the Downy.....she was happy.

The squirrel was having a little trouble squeezing onto this feeder! He doesn't usually come to this one right by the door. Either really hungry or getting brave :-)

8 comments:

Tony nile life said...

Even from your home you managed to get some good shots.
It was cold here this morning 17c
thats cold for egypt its so warm in the afternoons I feel the cold more when the sun goes down.
I have acclimatized, its been freezing cold in the UK.

Eve said...

Brrrr is right Mary!
Stay warm!

Dorothy said...

That first picture looks warm and cozy! The others might be a little cold!

Becky said...

Your critters all look happy Mary.
I love your new header. So festive.
Strong winds still battering us. Only about 1 of snow so far, but more promised by tonight. Temp. this morning 19ยบ Brrrr is right.
B.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I think the cat has the right idea in this cold weather.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I agree with Ruth... The cat has the right idea on a cold wintery day. We had the high winds yesterday also--and this morning it was about 20 degrees at home....Brrrrr....

Stay WARM and stay SAFE...

We're on the road to do some hiking.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mary said...

Tony: Now that cold weather is here, most of my shots will be from my home. I can see more birds in my front yard than I can find while freezing outside.

Eve: we went from mild to freezing cold quickly. I knew the nice weather had to end...sigh.

Dorothy: I would make a good cat...want to curl up right beside her.

Becky: I'm not ready for snow...not at all. I hate this bitter cold, but I suppose it won't last that long where we live.

Ruth: Yep...cats are smart!

Betsy: Stay safe while you travel. I'll stay home right now.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Your critters are so much fun.