I always look for the local squirrels wherever I am :-)
This little cutie is a Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel in the picnic grounds on Mt. Rainier.
There were 3-4 of them darting around our table.
Very "chipmunk" like in looks......and so hard to resist!
"Please ignore any signs that you saw saying not to feed me."
Honest....we didn't have grapes with us. Someone else fed him. I WANTED to feed him, but I didn't. I understand that it is a bad practice to encourage them to come that close and beg.
"Well.....all I can say is that I'm glad someone broke the rule and fed me!"
If you have never been to Katney Kaboodle blog, Katney lives in Washington and does volunteer work on Mt. Rainier checking the trails. I missed seeing her while out there, unfortunately. Her blog often has more photos of this great area. Check it out!
15 comments:
They are absolutely adorable Mary and I cannot blame you for always looking for them.
Great pictures! That last one is fantastic!
Joan: He was so cute :-) Think "Star" wolud approve of me taking photos of his cousins?
Dorothy: Thanks..wish I could have brought him home with me.
Mary: Very neat, I would have said chipmunk.
Thansk for the mention, Mary, and for a bit more of Rainier's squirreldom--cute but problematic--check this post.
Beautiful post!! I really enjoyed all your pictures over my morning coffee.
Happy Sunday!!
Hi Mary, At least, those little squirrels are prettier than the old gray ones we have here. Luckily for me, our squirrels have disappeared from our yard recently--at least most of them. They aren't into the bird food like they were. Thank Goodness!
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy
Fantastic shots and loved your captions! :D
I think these friendly furry creates look like they sre cvousins ro our chipmunks, nice stripe. How did I knoe i wouls find a squirrel if I visited your blog today? Its very sweet looking!
Ann.
Mary they sure are cute little critters. There is a park here in town where people have fed the squirrels so much they are fat! I mean tubby. Imagine having several hundred of them fat squirrels coming up to you demanding you feed them. LOL it was kinda creepy.
What a sweet little guy. You got some wonderful pictures of him.
B.
Tom: He did look a lot like a chipmunk except the tail was longer and he was a bit bigger.
Katney: Glad you posted your good message about not feeding animals and why. It is so hard to resist their cuteness and they can really convince you they will starve if you don't feed them....but it isn't good for them or safe for us.
Nature as is: Thanks!
Betsy: I so seldom see a grey one that I always think they are rather pretty. I could sure see a resemblance to my Fox Squirrels in the face.
Lindy: Thanks!
Ann:Yes, he was like a large chipmunk with a longer tail. I guess you know me and my blog pretty well by now :-)
Kathy: I see people feeding the ducks and geese at the wetlands...despite the signs saying not to....and wonder how long before they will become a nuisance instead of a nice thing to see.
Becky: Thanks!
I suppose they ask for them not to be fed because of what might be given to them...stuff not good for the...but it would sure be hard to resist. I just think they are adorable.
I've got a lot of catching up to do Mary!! Everything looks so beautiful and this is one cutie pie!!!
Rose: They become a real nusiance...crawling right up on the table, your lap, anywhere to steal food. They might bite, too. The ones we saw were not that bad, although they did get up on the bench next to us looking for food.
Eve: Thanks! He was adorable, even if persistent.
Post a Comment