I haven't been out much the last couple of days. These photos were taken at Blue Grass Fish and Wildlife Area, but we didn't see any water birds that day.

One butterfly on the thistle.

pink....

...purple....

...green. It was a colorful drive.

I love how these grass plumes look waving in the wind.

There were several patches of sunflowers....really big sunflowers....that I assume they planted for the birds. However, I didn't see any Goldfinches on them. They all looked so "droopy" on this cloudy day. Even the grasses with them look droopy.

I couldn't get over how big they were! They were as tall as I am.

Lotus flower for a different and more delicate look.

One perfect leaf

A flower pod. I like how they rattle when they are dry.

A very beat up looking flower.
That is all. Maybe I'll get out today if it is nice.
15 comments:
The purple one and the grass looks like ones we have here Mary. I have only seen photographs of the Lotus flowers as we do not have them here but they sure are pretty.
Wonderful photos! But there is fauna - the butterfly is there. I love those sunflowers!
These sure make me want to get out for a drive...those sunflowers are lovely. And I would like to check out the water lilies.
Not all flora, what about the butterfly, although he's as pretty as a flower. You won't see finches on the sunflowers util they go to seed. The lotus is very beautiful too.
Joan: those tall grasses grow in large quanity near some of the lakes. They always look pretty.
Bobbie: Yes...one fauna :-) I thought about that as I wrote the title, but it was such a little critter.
Rose: I'm always amazed that these lakes don't have more water birds. I guess it isn't the right season yet. Usually there is a heron or two.
Nice variety, Mary! I like those water lilies and especially the pods!!!
All lovely but fabulous sunflowers. A x
Mary, you captured nature beautifully.
The huge sunflowers just made me happy!
The color assortment is fascinating.That perfect round leaf is pretty neat.
Blessings,Ruth
Very nice! I like the seed pod.
This would have been a good post for Green Thursday Mary. Love the Lotus. There is always so much interesting out there even if there isn't any wildlife.
B.
What a colorful variety! I've never seen a lotus flower up close before; so pretty.
Mary: Very neat flowers in your post.
Great shots, love that last one.
Post a Comment