Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lopez Island part 2....

Some more scenes from Lopez Island. Heron on post
Blackberries everywhere.....this is true in Seattle, too. You can stop and pick blackberries all over.
They were shingling this little tower. We asked what it was.....a water tower. There was another one in the town also.

A better shot of that church tower.
Old barn

Wind vane on the local museum

The museum was closed but we walked around the outside where there were a few things on display and some photos.

Difficult to shoot through fence, but the old stove looked interesting.

Old farm equipment

In town....an couple of fish sculptures

House for sale....got lots of money???? We didn't ask, but I'd guess half a million at least.

Left Lopez and headed towards Friday Harbor on San Juan Island the next day. Nice sailboat.

In Friday Harbor planes were landing among the boats going in and out. Sort of scary in my opinion!

Everyone made it safely.
Pigeons
A gull. We ate lunch at a nice place in this harbor and explored the shops a little before moving on towards home.
This may be my last post unless I get back to this library where I am using the Wifi.

13 comments:

Rose said...

Mary, still loving your photographs! Love the church spire! and of course I love the barn...

Dorothy said...

Mary, I'm enjoying your trip along with you. It's always nice to see what the rest of the world is like. Interesting church tower. Have fun!

Lindy said...

Another wonderful variety of things you've captured on your trip. Really like that water tower.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Your pictures are so interesting,almost like walking along with you.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

Becky said...

Thanks so much for taking all of us on your vacation with you. LOL I love the water and would be right at home here.
B.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip you're having! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I loved the views from your previous post and everything here looks so interesting. The fish sculptures caught my eye right away. I wonder what do they mean.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A really wonderful place to spend a week Mary.

Tell Mike I think he might enjoy Saturdays post. :) I will post more of them soon.

Leedra said...

The harbor appears to have been a good place to visit. Like all the photos. Notice the roofs have moss, guess to all that moisture all the time.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun


Leedra’s Greeting Cards


Photography By Leedra

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Looks like you are having a great trip Mary - thanks for bringing us along. A x

Eve said...

What great stuff to see Mary!! I'll be right there to buy that house!! Love the fish...being the Pisces that I am!

Jenny said...

I can see why you love that house! There seems wayyyyyy too much to see here in the short time you had. Still, it sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Cicero Sings said...

Bloglines hasn't been keeping abreast of your latest posts!

You are in the Pacific Northwest ... so close and yet so far. I love that area that you've been touring. I haven't been down in that area since before 911! We used to go down often when I lived at the coast.

Enjoy your holiday and visit.

Mary said...

Rose: I included the barn just for you :-)

Cicero: I thought about you when we headed north. My sister has a little rental place in Birch Bay and we had thought about spending a night up there. I want to get to Vancouver on one of our trips out there. Maybe next time.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments....it really is lovely in these islands.