Yesterday was a long day. We got up in Indy at 3AM Central time and ended the day in Seattle many hours later on Pacific time. It was mostly a flying day and a family day. However, we did go to the Farmer's Market Day in Renton. Not as large as the more famous Pike Street Market in downtown Seattle, but we have been to Pike Street many times before. Renton is a suburb of Seattle where my sister lives and their outdoor market day is every Tuesday.
I always love the buckets of flowers and watching them make the beautiful bouquets.
Simply gorgeous in all colors and types.
The finished bouquets sell for $5.
There were so many wonderful things to see and buy. Mike and I tried these Peach and Blueberry Squares.....yummmmm!
Look at all the breads!
I always eat raspberries while out here.
The veggies were varied and colorful. I'll just show a few of them.
I liked the way these cabbages looked, all purple and blue at the same time.
Assorted root veggies.
Squash blossomes....I've never eaten them, but had just read a recipe for them in our newspaper last week. Of course I don't have it with me.
Lovely round white onions.
And how about a nice Dungeness Crab? Not while it is looking at me!
This huge chunk of meat was cooking and people were lined up waiting to buy.
I had taken other photos around my sister's house of plants and things I don't see at home, but it takes 5 minutes to load photos on this Wifi hookup, so I may have to rethink my posting schedule while here.
I'm really sleepy....goodnight!
12 comments:
Mary,
This was such a great post. Thanks for making the effort to load pictures, even though your connection was so slow. Looks like it was a fun and interesting day.
Have to say the peach and blueberry squares, the breads, and raspberries appeal to this midwestern girl. Seeing all the beautiful root vegetables makes me hungry for pot roast. BTW, that is one enormous chunk of meat that fellow is cooking!
Sleep well! Hope your weather stays nice.
I can imagine how good the air must smell there with all those lovely flowers and baked things Mary. WOW!! WHat a wonderful place to do shopping.
Glad you made it safely! Great shots of the Farmer's Market!!
Lovely shots...specially of the flowers. and the raspberries make a great shot also.
Lovely flowers and Veg Mary.
It is almost lunch time at my house and all those wonderful foods(minus the crab)make me really hungry.And the flowers ,woe,just to see them is amazing.
Blessings,Ruth
Looks like a wonderful Market!! I've never been to a big one like that. The flowers are gorgeous and the food and veggies are delicious looking! Thanks for posting.
Glad you got to Seattle safely Mary...The Farmer's Market looked fabulous. Love the flowers, all of the freh veggies, and OH---that bread and desserts... YUM!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful week with your sister.
Hugs,
Betsy
So glad you had a safe trip. That market looks simply inviting! I'd love to visit it, and those flowers are so gorgeous and bright.
The veggies, just beg to be taken home! LOL.The raspberries, I'll take them all! YUM!
Have a wonderful time.
B.
Farmer's Markets are so much fun. Wonderful selection of photos.
Peach and Blueberry, does sound yummy. Like the colorful flowers. This is such a nice post. I never thing about photographing this type of adventure, not sure why I don't.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra
A feast for the eyes as well as the palate I see!
Post a Comment