I admit it.....I fell in love with the sea otters at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium (Tacoma, WA)! They have to be the cutest animals I've seen in a long time and the this exhibit was great because I could take photos without plexiglass in the way.
I was fascinated by the fact that he could haul his hind-end sideways into his "lap" and kneed it and wash the tail. Very agile! Would love to feel the fur. My favorite shot :-)
My daughter liked this one best.....doesn't he look very comfortable and serene??
There were 3 of them leisurely floating around on their backs and grooming.
An occasional roll-over or somersault.
Ahhhhh...... from the cute face, the little front paws.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Why didn't you bring it home Mary? I would gladly have given it my bathroom to play in until I could have built a pool for it. They are simply adorable!! Excellent pics too.
I don't think anyone could have dragged me away until closing time. How utterly adorable! I love the shots that need a 'do not disturb' sign. They are as cute as watching babies sleep
Mary awesome shots. I tried getting pics of the ones at the Tulsa Zoo but it has that plex glass you were talking about around the exhibit and you couldn't see them very well. Plus all they were doing when I was there was sleeping.
Amazing shots! Well done! Sooooo cute.
Joan: I thought about it! LOL! But to my house not yours :-) However, these are sea otters, so they probably would not like southern Indiana. Darn.
Arja: Every move they made was interesting. They are so intelligent looking and watching them manipulte those little front paws....kneading his fur, patting his face, holding food, and just the way he holds them under this chin....so cute to watch.
Kathy: This zoo had an underwater viewing area and this outside area that had big rocks making walls around it, but no plexiglass to interfere with photos. These sea otters are more fun and cuter than the river otters that we have here.
Jenn Jilks: Thanks! They made me think of house cats floating in water :-) Probably not as cuddly as they look.
Good Morning, Mary! These otters are so adorable! Like you, I could watch them all day! Thanks for posting these cute pictures!
Oh what a life!!!! They are just precious.. I can understand why you all could stand there and look at them FOREVER. Sometimes I wish my life were so calm and serene... ha
Hugs,
Betsy
Very cute! Different looking than our otters up here.
Gorgeous - it's the only word! A x
Aw,these guys are adorable.
Mary: That is a sweet animal. Did you ever see them get a rock and use it to crack the abaloni shell they set on their belly.
Oh Mary, I have always thought otters one of the cutest animals...
I'm also surprised that you didn't try to sneak one out. Perhaps in your camera bag? These are great pictures.
These creatures are sooooo cute! Really great photos, Mary!
They are just adorable Mary. You could probably use a couple in your pond, and I'd like a few for the creek. LOL
Hmmmm....storing food on one's armpits....
I have a wonderful print of a mama otter on her back in the water with her baby on her belly....Devotion in the Ocean... http://tiny.cc/LjDJP
Love that sleeping otter - you're right, looks like utter peace...
Thanks everyone! They are really cute. They had an exhibit with river otters, too, but they just aren't as cute as the larger sea otters.
Tom: I've seen them being fed at the Seattle Aquarium and they are certainly clever and handy creatures.
Annie: I recognize the name of the print....Charley Harper? I don't have that one but know what it looks like.
The otters are very cute!! I love the 'serene' one, too. It's so precious.
April: I wanted to jump right in and float along with him.
These furry creatures are pretty sweet
ann
Post a Comment