(Interview with bird carver, Sue Kraft, directly below this post. Check it out!)
It's SkyWatch Friday and last week while driving through Henderson, KY we saw this church getting a newly copper clad steeple. Looked great against the blue sky and clouds!
Wonderful work being done. It really gleams in the sunshine.
That's my sky for this week. For more great skies all over the world click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to the SkyWatch team for their hard work keeping this site going.
Now.....Directly below is an interview with bird carver, Sue Kraft. Be sure to read on and see her lovely work! A very talented lady!
That's my sky for this week. For more great skies all over the world click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to the SkyWatch team for their hard work keeping this site going.
Now.....Directly below is an interview with bird carver, Sue Kraft. Be sure to read on and see her lovely work! A very talented lady!
26 comments:
I can imagine how beautiful that looks with the sun glinting on it Mary.
I love it!
That is such a beautiful church!!
Yes, the cross does look great against the blue sky and clouds! Thank you.
My SWF post is at:
http://indicainq8.wordpress.com
- celine
Lovely old church. The new steeple looks wonderful.
The shiny new copper steeple does look stunning against the blue sky. It should also be beautiful later on as it ages and changes color.
I have a thing for photographing steeples. This looks like they are alomost finished. What a lovely church.
And I had a look at your previous post with the bird carvings - amazing work!
What a lovely church--that steeple will look fabulous when it oxidizes and turns green!
Both are wonderful sky views ... and methinks the folks at WINDOW VIEWS would enjoy this post too. You can find the link in my Wednesday post at Small Reflections. Thanks so much for dropping by my 13 sky views and playful mosaic experimentation at Happily Retired Gal. I continued playing with Photoshop and posted even MORE permutations at Sacred Ruminations then got busy with life away from the computer ... so I'm catching up this morning before the day gets away from me again.
Hugs and blessings,
Very pretty church and sky above!
Copper (to me) looks great when it is shiny and new, as well as once it has developed its patina. I'm not so sure I would want to be the installer on that steeple, however! Beautiful sky you've captured. :)
Beautiful building and shots.
Luiz Ramos
the copper steeple is nice. Wonder what it will look like in time.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra
This is a beautiful church...and I really like the copper steeple...please photograph again after it ages some...
I always love steeples and against the clouds, beautiful!
B.
Beautiful...simply beautiful!!!
lovely captures!
The steeple is amazingly beautiful and will get lovelier as it ages.
Beautiful church - with the blue sky above it is a very pretty picture. A x
What a beautiful church!!!
Thank you everyone! Sorry I haven't gotten to the computer for comments today or yesterday much. Catch up soon.
Hi Mary... I'm catching up on your posts. You have some wonderful bird photos--especially the hummingbirds. Wow!!!!
Love that bird carver also... Amazing.
The new steeple on that church is gorgeous.
We're home from a great vacation.. I'll post in the morning.
Hugs,
Betsy
Good skywatch.
Sydney - City and Suburbs
I've never seen a new copper roof before. This steeple will certainly reflect the sky.
Mary: What a neat photo over the steeple.
That steeple is wonderful! Have fun in Seattle.
Post a Comment