Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cardinal's posing....

These two Cardinals were posing so nicely, I thought it looked like a courtship. "Oooo......there's a handsome dude!"
"I hope she notices me"

"I'll try the sweet and shy look"

"Maybe my 'ah shucks, I'm just a country boy" look will get her!"

"He's looking right at me! Stay calm!"

"Hello, my name is Big Red"
"Glad to meet you, Big Red....."

"Want to buy me lunch?"

20 comments:

sandy said...

Great photos Mary - so clear...and they are adorable.

Cicero Sings said...

You are very goodxat these conversations! Some good pics here.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Adorable post, Mary... All of the pictures and captions are wonderful... Oh --how I love the Cardinals.

Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

Mary, they do look like they are posing for you?

Ruth Hiebert said...

So cute.The captions make the pictures even better.
Blessings,Ruth

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cardinal shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Roy said...

Lovely birds Mary and you got some great images of them.

Janice K said...

So cute! She looks like she had her topnot combed out real special too!...maybe just so he would notice.

Dorothy said...

They may be courting, it's about that time! Some bird has already built a nest in one of our bluebird boxes. Cute post!

DeniseinVA said...

A handsome couple and cute commentary. Thanks for the smiles Mary.

George said...

These are wonderful pictures with great captions. I'm glad they got together.

grammie g said...

HI Mary...first I want to tell you it is snowing here ...hahaha!!
So darling they are...that first one is great!!

Mike said...

Great looking birds, nice pics.

Mary said...

Thank you, everyone! Sorry I've been terrible about responding lately. I appreciate all of your comments!

Judy said...

Wonderful shots of the cardinals!! I have heard a male a couple of mornings, and spotted him once. And there was a female in the forsythia bush! Spring is coming!!

me ann my camera said...

I loved evesdropping on thes romantic conversation. I bet 'boy meets girl" the tried and true plot will prevail in the end. Where did your winter go? Where is your snow? We still have lots her. too much!.
I envy you your spring weather.
Ann

Mary said...

Judy: Usually the Cardinals fly the minute I raise the camera. Got lucky this time!

Ann: We always seem to have plenty of Cardinals, so I assume you are right :-) I hope your spring comes soon. Don't even mention snow, please!

Becky said...

Aw shucks, how cute is this? I still have about 8 pairs, but I imagine they will all be going their seperate ways soon.
B.

Mary said...

Becky: I'll probably have at least 8 pair all year.

sandy said...

ahhh, great shots.