A few more shots from our drive yesterday. We decided to drive by the train yards on the way to the wetlands....they are both close to the river......and look for pigeons and hawks.
This beautiful Red-shouldered Hawk flew across the road right in front of our car and landed in a little tree at the side of the road. Then he let us back the car up until we were directly opposite him! I wish all hawks were this accommodating to photographers.
What a beauty!
This was the most interesting group of pigeons I found. I was looking for different colors among them and these white ones were the most "different" I saw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Amazing pictures.The hawk is so pretty,and I like the action of the Heron fishing.
Ruth
I would love to have had the chance to photograph both of these...every now and then there is a heron that will be a little more friendly but most of the time they are so quick to take flight.
Whow.. what a beautiful and very confiding Hawk. I imagine you must be delighted that the snow and ice has disappeared allowing the water birds to do their thing.
Hi Mary...now that's a down right accomadating Hawk!! Nice!
Pigeons I hardly every see, especially near my house and yesterday there was two sitting on the peak of the roof!!
Love that Heron "chest hair" and great shot of it to!!
Brilliant images of the Hawk Mary.
It always amazes me how lucky you are to see such great birds Mary!! And you do such a wonderful job capturing them!! I love those white pigeons too!!
Love that heron strike!
Excellant pics of that Hawk Mary. I've never seen one, and what beautiful colors. Good catch of the Heron fishing too.
B.
Post a Comment