I didn't really take any photos over the weekend, so these are left from our drive over in Illinois.
Not as neat as the big barn quilt squares, but someone cleverly painted a clothesline of quilts on their little barn :-)
Grayville, IL had a very colorful water tower!
It looks more like a hot air balloon....maybe that was the idea.
I liked this house on the main street, too. I've always thought I would like to live in a big old fashioned house like this....except for the heating bills....and the cleaning....
Another beauty.
I'm assuming the roof is very old!
Behind it was another building that had an interesting top. This building has had siding put on and the very back side is red fake looking brick-like material. A long building ran along the side towards the street and almost looked like an old motel or something. Made me real curious about what all this house and other buildings might have been in the past.
A close up of the top.
Not sure which lake this was, but on a gray day they all looked about the same....cold!
There were two martin houses that were badly in need of painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
It's great to see people being so creative with their barn painting.Sure beats a plain white or red barn.
I've thought of having a big house like that one you like ... as a boarding house for older, ahem, single ladies and widows that want the nicety of living in a house but not all the work. Human nature being what it is though ... I don't know how well it would work.
Cute, the cloths line of quilts.
Ruth: I like plain barns too, if they have character.
Cicero: With your cooking skills and personality you would run a great boarding house or B&B.
Great pictures, Mary! The barn with the quilts on the clothesline has to be my favorite!!!
i loved that barn painting. what an original idea. i guess they were taking the barn quilts a step further. kudos to them. i loved that second house. and yes, i think that's an Amish buggy in that barn. we have Amish riding to and from in them all the time. its pretty cool, i think. but, i have to say i feel sorry for them when they have to get out in the cold temperatures.
i'm sorry you had so much trouble with my new template. if others have trouble with it i will probably change it to something different. i was trying to do something new for my blogaversary coming up in six days. hope all is well. have a great night.
Hi Mary, Love that first barn with the quilts.... Neat!!!!
Also--love that light green house with the fancy roof.... WOW--what a beauty!!!!
Like you though, I'd hate the heating bills and the cleaning.. Of course, IF I lived there, I probably could afford a maid!!! ha ha
Glad you enjoyed your ride to Illinois...
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Mary...amazing that it looks like a real clothes line with quilts!!
Love those old houses with there great architectural designs...a lot of work there!!
Your right ...it does look like the trees are reaching out to the bird : }}
A wonderful post Mary. I could see myself living in that green house with the turret,it is a bit like a witches house and would suit me down to a tee.
The barn with the clothesline is so original! And it must have taken a lot of time, too! Almost as much as quilting the quilts...
I have never thought to photograph the old houses! They are so beautiful, but you are right about the upkeep!!
Great Piccies Mary. XXX Don
I love that idea of a clothesline with quilts on it...and i LOVE that house with the green trim.
Also would love to know the story of that other one..so strange.
I like those big old houses too, but like you the heating would be expensive for sure!
I must post some of my barns sometime.
B.
These were all so interesting to see but that big house, I would love a tour!
Post a Comment