Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not much happening....

I'm still around....just not much happening for photos. Haven't had as many birds at the feeders, and the weather has been gloomy the last few days. But I took a few today just to let you know I was still here! Big Red.....one of my male Cardinals.

A House Finch male.

A Grackle.

I don't get them often, but one has shown up and likes this big suet feeder. A very large bird....about 12" and with a long keel shaped tail.

A better look at his tail.
Always have plenty of Downy's around.

Goldfinch....still in winter colors.

A feeder full of birds.

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like alot going on to me, Mary.... My male Cardinals are not as RED as yours... BUT--before long, they will be I'm sure.

I saw a male and female House Finch 'flirting' with each other today... Didn't have my camera.
Darn!!!!

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

That cardinal is such a handsome fellow! I need to put our feed...everything is empty and I have just sat and watch them clean the ground up. But that is good...it won't go to waste.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As long as you have birds around that is a good thing.I know my feeders are much too quiet these days.

Arija said...

I certainly would not class this post as nothing interesting to photograph. It may be 'same old,sae old' to you but I certainly appreciate the lovely birds that flock to your feeders.

George said...

I really like the picture of your male House Finch.

grammie g said...

Hi Mary.. your Cardinals are nice I haven't seen mine for a few days, I hope they are ok.
House Finches are bright and cheery too!!
Nice feathereed friend photo's!!

Becky said...

I do like all the feeder birds. Good selection Mary.
B.