Friday, February 25, 2011

A few morning visitors.....

A couple mornings ago, I had a lot of birds out at the feeder and got a few shots. Titmouse!
"She bought more peanuts! Yeah!"
"Save some for me!"
Red-breasted Nuthatch

Carolina Wren

Wren again

Mockingbird among the maple tree flowers! I took this as much for the flowers as the bird. Spring must be coming....the trees think it is.
"Did you say spring?"
male House Finch
This morning I spooked THREE hawks from my trees when I went outside to feed the stray cat. Of course, I didn't happen to have my camera in my hand!!! One was screaming its head off....very vocal, so I figure it was a Red-shouldered hawk.

10 comments:

Janice K said...

We have all the same birds here, except, I have never seen a Mockingbird. Are those little buds I see on the tree where the Mockingbird is perched?

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Yes Spring is on its way. The birds are singing and yours are so pretty. A x

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful bird shots.Yes,the trees must be right,at least I sure hope so.
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

All of your pictures are so clear and perfect! Love the one in the Maple tree! Spring in Near!

Unknown said...

Great birds and wonderful to see buds on the trees. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures of your birdies, Mary.... Love that last picture of the male House Finch...

Bet the birds hide when those hawks come around though... I saw three hawks here on Sunday --flying around in circles.... They never landed nearby though.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Once again you've gotten some wonderful pictures of your visitors. Hopefully you can discourage the hawks from staying around too much.

abb said...

You take the best bird portraits! Jealous!

Rose said...

Very nice shots...I haven't even been attempting to get shots of birds this year. I think I had one day I took a few.

Becky said...

No spring here yet. Plenty of snow around still.
Love all these birds Mary. They are just so cute.
B.