Here is a link for more information on this and the French Lick Hotel and their history.
I showed the outside and grounds yesterday and today I'll take you into the lobby under the dome. Before the Astrodome was built, this was the largest dome in the world. Considering that it was built at the turn of the last century, you can see why it would be considered a world wonder.
We parked in back which lets you see a bit of the dome from the outside.
You walk into the lobby and see this........
......you look up and see this!
The very center is beautiful!
Windows and trim just below the dome.
The floor is a very nice mosaic.....
......with leaf details.
15 comments:
WOW!!! I don't know what to look at first. That fireplace and the inside is unbelievable!! Beautiful pictures of it Mary. Thanks for sharing.
Yipeeee!! I am first to comment today!! LOL!!
Woah! That is something. A bit overwhelming the gigantic empty space in the lobby!
Set's you back to the late 19hundreds!
Cheers, Klaus
Oh my! That is magnificent!
Joan: I'm sorry to report that there is no prize for being first :-)...but I love your enthusiasm! Thanks! Yes, I'd say the restorers have created something pretty magnificent.
Klaus: Definitely! I felt like I had walked back in time and that my bluejeans were very inappropriate, but darn... I left my parasol and picture hat at home :-)
Helen: It seemed so huge! I kept wishing I could go up on one of the balconies and look down.....and get closer to all the details.
Magnificent! What a most beautiful building this is!
Stunning details you've captured Mary.
Ann: Thanks! It was sort of awesome being so huge inside. I felt very small.
Mike: Thanks! I wish I could have roamed all over the building.
Wow. This is absolutely beautiful! And that mosaic tile floor was a work of art itself.
What gorgeous pictures Mary. I love the architecture, and the furniture is so classic. That fireplace is awsome, and what beautiful flowers!
It kind of leaves me speechless! It is kind of overwhelming...can't imagine even working in that environment.
Thanks all of you! It was pretty awesome. I felt kind of lost just standing there and like I should turn around and tiptoe back out before someone said "what are you doing in here?"
I thought the outside grounds were nice, that rotunda is absolutely gorgeous.
LOL!! You could at least post me a special picture...it is not often I achieve this. LOL!! Just teasing Mary!!
John: Considering when it was built, it is even more amazing!
Joan: I'll post you some bugs in the next few days :-)
Amazing architecture Mary, such colour as well.
Post a Comment