Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last weeks leftovers.....

Last week, I seemed to finish up with more shots then I could get around to posting........
so this week you get leftovers :-) Mockingbird at the wetlands

wetlands flower image.....white and yellow

Great Blue Heron on the wetlands marsh

Sneaking up on him so he won't fly away :-)

Grass that I liked. (Indian Grass, according to Tom in Ohio)
OK......one dish of leftovers finished off :-)

20 comments:

The Birdlady said...

I love your leftovers.

Becky said...

Leftovers are fine with me ! You seemed to get closer to those Herons than I ever can! I'm going over to check out your quilt blog.
Have a happy day.

Mary said...

Helen: Good, because there will be more coming if I'm ever going to finish off some of the walks and such I did last week.

Becky: I don't really get very close....zoom as much as I can. The heron at the wetlands are a little less jumpy than the ones that land at my home pond. If I even look out the window when there is one at our pond, it sees me and flies away. At the wetlands, if you move real slow, they are used to people on the boardwalk, I guess. I've spooked some and other stand still for me if they are busy fishing.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love your leftovers! I am so envious of all the photographers who get good blue heron shots. That's a feat I haven't mastered yet. ;-)

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Your leftovers are beautiful. Love the heron!
--JB

Rose said...

I think that is a great shot of the mockingbird; also like the blue heron. It has been a while since I have attempted to get close to one but earlier in the spring I sure was not having any luck.

sandy said...

OH...that heron photo is great.

Eve said...

Love the wetland posts Mary! I really love the grass! I working on having more grasses in my gardens! Thank!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love your bird shots. I miss the mockingbirds. We don't have them up here in northern IL.

The arboretum photos from the previous post are gorgeous.
Marnie

Mary said...

eg tour guide and JB and Sandy and Rose: Thanks. The second shot was taken as I got out of the car near the lake and he hadn't seen me yet. He moved to the other side of the lake aftet that and I had to rely on zoom.

Eve: It's really amazing how decorative some grasses can look...hope you figure out which ones you want!

Marnie: Northern Illinois doesn't have mockingbirds? I sort of thought they were all over. The arboretum has certainly been a great source for butterfly pics and bees and flowers. I'll be looking forward to seeing what they have in the fall and next spring, since I didn't discover them until summer.

kjpweb said...

Feelgood shots! No leftovers!
Cheers, Klaus

Gill - That British Woman said...

you can serve up a plate of leftovers any time Mary!!!

Gill in Canada

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Leftovers...what a good idea. I have photos I never use...I love yours and I like the squirrel photo on the side too...

abb said...

Good leftovers. Yum! Now on to newness!

Tom Arbour said...

Mary-

The grass in your photo is Indian Grass, one of my favorites. The yellow stamens really stand out.

Tom

Maria's Space said...

My leftover always just look like something I don't really want to eat. Yours are beautiful.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I'll take leftovers any day Mary. :) I love the heron shots but the grass is my favorite. Simple shots like this always appeal to my eye.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! Hope you don't get tired of leftovers....I'm too busy watching tennis to get out and get some fresh pictures :-)

Tom: Thanks for the identification...I thought it was really pretty, so I'm glad to know the name.

Kerri Farley said...

Your "leftovers" are far better than mine!! I LOVE the GBH!! I saw one over the weekend too.

That Indian Grass is LOVELY!!

Kingsdowner said...

Nice bit of tracking to get the Heron shots!