Our area had numerous festivals and such going on this past weekend, and the Kuntsfest (Art Fest) in New Harmony was one of the biggest ones. So, Mike and I, and his sister and niece headed there to browse the crafts and food.
Flag over the event on a firetruck extension ladder. Beautiful day!
These dogs were keeping an eye on the home-made ice cream machines. It was pretty good stuff!
There was one area where they were demostrating older crafts and selling them.
This was interesting to watch
Someone selling honey.....
.....brought a hive of bees along!
My niece helpfully showing us the queen bee.....look close and you'll see her.
The blacksmith
Hand crocheted crafts.....
....these soaps looked and smelled wonderful. Picked up a couple small Christmas gifts!
Gourds of all sorts....I bought a green one that I hope to turn into a bird house.
These were already made up in a lot of different ways....I bought the bird feeder with the oak leaves. It has a squirrel carved on one side.....hope that doesn't give "the STAR" any ideas.
I loved all the ones they had done up for Halloween....expecially the mummy!
Pottery
These were nice baskets!
Listened to the Red Bank Reunion Band while we had a cold drink.
I've always liked these fountains next to this little church.
Saw these beautiful purple pea pods in a park twining on a nice arch.
More of the arch and pea vines.
A couple of grasshoppers enjoying the festival.
We actually drove from there to another festival in Princeton, but you'll be happy to know I have no photos to post of that one :-)
We actually drove from there to another festival in Princeton, but you'll be happy to know I have no photos to post of that one :-)
Tomorrow, I'll catch up on birds and nature and I also have some nice zoo photos.
Too many photos....too little time and blogspace!
18 comments:
Hi Mary
That was very interesting. There is always a lot to see at a Craft fair. I like the baskets particularly and I have never seen such big containers of Honey. We usually see them in small jars.
Roy: Thanks...the baskets were very attractive, but expensive. I understand that...craftsmanship takes time. Those were big honey jars :-) There are local people who really push honey for all that ails you. I would think it might be hard to keep such a large jar of it good. Mine always seems to crystalize or something.
A wonderful day with much to see, good food to eat and plenty of things to but if one wanted to. Add to that lovely ice-cream.....what more can one ask!! :)
Joan: There is something about homemade icecream that is just so much better than store bought!
Your posts are always so interesting and "down home" feeling. Really great photos. I love the one of the church...
That looks like a lot of fun...what a nice day you had. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy: Well..."down home" is what Indiana does well :-) Thanks!
Helen: It was a very nice day to wander and browse.
I love to see all the crafts at fairs like this. The soap looked kind yummy, has me dreaming of fudge. I also like baskets so I would have liked those too.
Happy first day of fall. I lke autumn very much but dislike whats to come fter that.
ann
Love seeing the bees and honey, And what an incredible number of crafts at that fair. Thanks for taking us along!
Ann: One of the soaps was "chocolate mint"....didn't smell as good as fudge, but almost!
Happy Autumn to you, too!
eg tour guide: Thanks for stopping by. They did have a nice bunch of stuff and we only coverd about half of it. Festivals are big in this area and there will be craft fairs all fall.
What a fun festival! We have nothing like that where we live.
Were you really up posting at 3:21 AM ?
I really love the craft festivals. There are just so many neat things, even if you don't buy anything. There will be a huge one about 1 mile from here at the ski resort coming up in a couple weeks. My favorite is the kettle corn. It's so cool to watch the crafters making all their wares. They are all so talented.
Better not tell the "star" about your new purchase.
I know what you mean Mary!! Too many photos too little blog time!!!
This is a wonderful fair, I would love to have been there! I can't wait to see photos of the feeder you bought full of "the Star"!! ;-)
Looked like a very interesting place to visit, the kind of place you can spend hours at looking at everything.
Cicero: Fall is the nicest time to wander around places like this and pick up a few early gifts for Christmas, as well!
Becky: No, I don't post that early. I just always put that time on when I make the post so it will post in the morning when I do post it. If I leave the night time on that I actually created the post, then is confused. I'd just as soon do away with the time stamp. Yes, the "star" is uppity enough without thinking I bought that gourd for him. He'll probably break it for me.
Eve: Good to have you back home and am enjoying your vacation with you!
John: Yes, these type of places are very relaxing and you see so many talented people and interesting things.
I love going to fairs where they have all the handmade stuff. I always get inspired to make more stuff myself. Looks fun!
NW Nature Nut: It was fun and I know what you mean.....it stirs the crafty juices :-)
Oh, this looks like a FABULOUS fair!!
Post a Comment