Friday, September 5, 2008

SkyWatch Friday....

The sky was just so pink the night I took this last week!

The bottom two photos were from another night that wasn't as pink, but more purple.



Check out more SkyWatch photos by clicking on the icon on my sidebar.

Thanks to the hosts for their great site!

23 comments:

abb said...

Aren't the colors of the sky just amazing? Your photos are wonderful as always.

(I can't STAND the fact that i can't visit and comment on blogs as much as I want. Work stinks!)

me ann my camera said...

Pretty hard to imagine that the blue sky overhead can transform itself so beautifully!! Love the purple shades!

Becky said...

What a beautiful pink sky. We had that yesterday morning. This time of year is special for different cloud formations.
Check out my "new" post for today. A surprise !
Happy SWF.

NW Nature Nut said...

That color is incredible!

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are so pretty. I just love the colors in the sky. Wow. That's the kind of sky I've tried to catch while driving on the freeway. Not good! LOL!

Great job!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

The one image is more beautiful than the other...no, they are all equally beautiful!! Excellent colors Mary. I am going to be away for a couple of days and will back on Sunday.

Lilli & Nevada said...

that is a lot of pink in the sky love the purples that followed

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a beautiful color. We midwesterners have the best sunrises and sunsets;) We may not have majestic mountains, vast oceans, or primal forests, but we got great sky.
Marnie

Anonymous said...

Great photos, great skywatch. The colors are fabulous in all four, but for whatever reason I like the last two the best.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous colours you've picked up there Mary. I'm insanely jealous as all we have over here right now if dull grey and LOTS of rain, (my usual grump about this summer and now autumn). Hopefully things will change soon though....

Lapa37 said...

Really pretty I keep trying to catch our pink and purple skies here but they just never show up in the photos.I've said it before and I will say it again I really need a better camera...lol

Anonymous said...

Great skywatch images Mary, very warming colours.

Rod said...

Beautiful colors..

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I freely admit that the pink ones are almost too pink....sort of hurts the eyes :-) But it beats the overcast skies we are having now.

Anonymous said...

These are stunning pictures. Beautiful colors!

Love all of your nature photos.

Rose said...

Mary, these are really beautiful!

Gill - That British Woman said...

wow that sky was pink....we have a saying:

Red sky at night Shepherd's delight
Red sky in the morning Shepherd's warning.

Gill in Canada

Mary said...

Gill: That's interesting...I've always heard it as Sailor rather then Shepherd. I'm sure both are pleased with red skies at night :-)Another way I have heard it is:

"Sunset red, the day be grey, send the traveler on his way.
Sunset grey, the day to red, send light showers on his head."

Yrsa said...

Those silhouette pics are really fabulous!

Tom Arbour said...

Hi Mary- Wonderful color in these images.

Tom

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful skies!!

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely SkyWatch photos Mary.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone!