I guess I'm serving "fowl" for leftovers today!
I stopped at Garvin Park last week to see what the ducks and geese were doing and had an enjoyable time watching all the fowl that were cruising the lake.
It's not a real big lake, but has a fairly large resident population of ducks and Canada geese. This picture is about half of the lake.
This is the other half of the lake with the fountain and the geese cruising in groups.
A man and his son arrived with bread to feed them, so suddenly everyone started converging on one spot.

This is the other half of the lake with the fountain and the geese cruising in groups.



11 comments:
...and a good time ws had by all...including me!
I always love feeding the ducks and geese. There is a Dam, Pymatuning by name about 90 minutes from here in Pa, that has a huge population of ducks , geese, and carp that measure over 12".. Near the spillway, if you throw in some food like bread or crackers in the water, there will be such an emense congregation of birds and fish lining up, the ducks will actually walk on the backs of the fish to get to the bread. It's quite a sight. It brings people from all over to take pictures.
Can't wait to see what's for lunch tomorrow.
A day indeed for the geese.
Pleased to drop by here, I am a pal of Katney.
Dx
No matter how common and how many are the geese ... we can't help photographing them can we?!
Helen: Thanks!
Becky: That sounds amazing!
mrsnesbitt: Thanks for dropping by!
Cicero: Isn't that the truth?? Every Canada goose picture I take looks like every other one, but I just keep clicking away like I've never seen them before :-)
This is definitely a fowl blog Mary. LOL!! Excuse the play on words here. :) It seems like the little boy was having fun and you got some nice action shots there.
Hi Mary
I love the last shot of the geese wiffling down to land, I've watched Pink-footed Geese do this in Norfolk on a lovely cold winters day.
Hi Mary!! I've got internet again, so just enjoyed catching up on your blog. Lots of good shots of bee, birds, flowers, squirrels, and geese.
Hi Mary,
Looks like your weather is as dull as ours.
Joan: LOL! Yes, it was just a nice day to sit and watch geese.
Jenny: they do look funny as they start the landing procedure.
Bruce: Glad you're back online at last!
Roy: Yes, its been overcast and I hope that means some real rain at last.
Hope you don’t mind, but I included this post in I and the Bird #83.
Post a Comment