Sunday, September 7, 2008

Squirrel Sunday.....

Hey folks out there..................how about a joke??

Squirrels had overrun three churches in town. After much prayer, the elders of the first church determined that the animals were predestined to be there. Who were they to interfere with God's will? they reasoned.

Soon, the squirrels multiplied.The elders of the second church, deciding that they could not harm any of God's creatures, humanely trapped the squirrels and set them free outside of town. Three days later, the squirrels were back.
It was only the third church that succeeded in keeping the pests away. The elders baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church. Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter!
Ha!..ha...ha! Alright.....so I'm not a standup comedian.

20 comments:

kjpweb said...

Good one! And - of course the usual quality serving of Sunday's Squirrels!
Thank you for sharing!
Cheers, Klaus

The Birdlady said...

SMILE! - no, laugh out loud!

Becky said...

I so look forward to your squirrel stories. This is a good one, especially for Sunday !

Anonymous said...

Very good Mary.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That was cute and so are the photos!
--JB

Eve said...

Very funny Mary but don't give up your day job!!! HA HA!
:-)

NW Nature Nut said...

Very cute...the photos and the joke!

me ann my camera said...

A humourous observation on how it is with some folks :-) Happy Squirrel Sunday!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone for your patience with my squirrel joke :-) What can I say....I've got squirrels every week, but they just aren't always funny. I guess I can reduce his rations until he gives me a funny picture!

Rose said...

Ha, ha! I knew you were headed somewhere with this but just couldn't think what joke it was till I got to the punchline.

I just fed my Mama Squirrel...she is so skinny. She has started coming around a bit more, but she really keeps an eye out for my cats. She has a small sore beside one of her breasts...so hoping it doesn't develope into anything.

Tom Arbour said...

Hi Mary- I can feel for those squirrels. My backyard is swamped with squirrels right now. Our bur oak is dropping its acorns, providing a Christmas-like feast to our backyard friends.

Tom

DeniseinVA said...

You may not be a stand-up comedian but I am still laughing. Great photos of the squirrels. I bet they are laughing too :))))

Gill - That British Woman said...

that was funny!!!

Great photo's as well.

Gill

Mary said...

Rose: I hope your mama squirrel is OK. Mine are plenty fat.

Tom: My pin oak doesn't have acorns this year. They skip years sometimes and I never know why. We have lots of walnuts....don't know if the squirrels can deal with those or not. I think there are hickory in the neighbor's woods.

Denise and Gill: Thanks!

Tommy said...

great photos of the backyard animal

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! LOL!! An excellent one Mary. I am so terrible with remembering jokes!! Whenever I come to your blog, the first thing my eye always notices is your "star" squirrel on the side. He is just the cutest fellow!!

John Theberge said...

Cute joke and the photos are a perfect compliment to it.

Mary said...

Tommy: Thanks for stopping by!

Joan: He's a real prima donna :-)

John: Thanks!

Emily said...

I really have to start drawing squirrels with you pictures as inspiration! Hihi… I love em! Especially that flat one on the sidebar!!!

Mary said...

Emily: I hope you draw squirrels! They are so much fun :-)I know that your drawings would make them adorable.