Amazonia is a very well done exhibit and should draw a lot of visitors. We were all impressed with it.
This is the entrance before entering the lovely airy building.....that I did not get a good outside shot of.
Toucan
There were only a few exhibits that frustrated me because they used this chain link fencing that is really hard to shoot through....at least for me. From a distance the shots aren't too bad, but up close the camera only finds the fence.
Howler Monkeys
I loved this porcupine!
His tail.
Frog behind glass.....as were the snakes and others of this type.
Wonderful landscaping with plants I didn't know.
Waterfalls to where the Tapir and Capybara were.
The railings and supports are made to look like tree roots....nice.
There were only a few exhibits that frustrated me because they used this chain link fencing that is really hard to shoot through....at least for me. From a distance the shots aren't too bad, but up close the camera only finds the fence.
14 comments:
What a great time! Thanks for the amazing trip!
That seems to be a great place! :)
Great shots!
Cheers, Klaus
I think the pics all turned out great. My favorite of the fair is the lady playing drums. She made my whole day.
Gorgeous shots. That first one looks like strange little wormy animals.
Thanks everyone!
Melissa: I'll post the rest of the zoo another day. I know you want to see Laura looking at the prairie dogs :-) I'll email you those. I loved the "little drummer lady" too......pa rum pa pum pum!
Cool! Looks like the kind of place I could spend a lot of time at. Great pics!
2sweetnsaxy: thanks...it's a nice zoo.
Such a great trip. I love zoos. I tend to take way too many pictures, but then again no film wasted. LOL
Great photos.
OH, what a wonderful place! I want to visit!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that porcupine and his tail. OH my...just a FABULOUS shot of that tail!!!!!
Becky: I do too. I have more photos of other parts of the zoo, but will save them for a day when I don't have anything else to post :=)
Kerri: I was fascinated by that porcupine, too! He was just so cute hanging there and looking at me.
What an amazing place Mary!! Your shots are excellent considering the fence some of them were taken through. I love the Toucan and the Iguana most in this series.
great photos and I just for the first time in my life saw one of these rodents at our county fair.
Joan and Sandy: Thanks! The fence wsa a real nuisance. I would have thought they could use something a bit more transparent. Aren't Capybaras just the coolest animal??? So huge!
That was a fun trip around. I have thoroughly enjoyed your photos. The first time I saw a capybara was at the Busch Gardens petting zoo in Williamsburg. I got the biggest kick out of discovering something I had not seen before. Thanks for showing us all these incredible animals. Great photos!
Post a Comment