My posting schedule for the next few days will probably be reversed....posting at night while at motels.
These were taken before I left home. I've had this bird bath all summer and never saw a bird in it until today! The sparrows went crazy playing in it all day, today.
The Goldfinch prefers to drink rather than play.
This little guy was the king of the bath....he just played and splashed like he'd never seen water before. I can't believe how much bigger he looks than the goldfinch.
The goldfinch doesn't seem real impressed.
OK......we didn't get to leave town until Mike got home from work. So with a late start we had only planned to go as far as Jasper, Indiana. This is a small German town in southern Indiana.
We wanted to eat at their famous Schnitzelbank Restaurant. This is the tower on the building and I thought it attractive.
The front side gets you in the German mood and there is piped music playing while you wait.
OK......we didn't get to leave town until Mike got home from work. So with a late start we had only planned to go as far as Jasper, Indiana. This is a small German town in southern Indiana.
The food was good German fare......we had bratwurst, sauerkraut, German fries, red cabbage, plus salad bar with a spaetzel soup and pickled herring and other such things. I couldn't even eat half of the food (groan). Just once I'd like to eat in a restaurant that serves small meals. But it was good, what I ate of it! There were 3 pages of beers to choose from and Mike had a double bock and it was excellent.
12 comments:
Have a wonderful, safe trip.
Love your photos. Your birds were having a great time. And the restaurant was fun to see.
I can't remember when last I had sauerkraut!! But it seems like a nice place to go and eat easpecially if you are a beer lover. Those birds bathing are wonderful. Thanks Mary!!
Looks like those birds were really enjoying the birdbath, it was worth the wait.
We stayed at Jasper two or three years ago...I am sorry to say I don't remember a lot about it. We just took off on a long drive and ended by spending the night there.
I like the birdbath pictures.
Forgot to say that your last photo would have been perfect for skywatch! It is a real beauty.
Love your birdbath photo.
I can't remember the last time I ate German food. Your post is making me crave it;)
Marnie
Cute Birdbath shots.
For the Schnitzel Bank - I sure hope the food was more authentic than the interior. (Being German - trust me when I say that writing german words
on a wall in gothic lettering, including spelling errors, doesn't make for German ambiance! ;))
Nevertheless I crave fro a good Schnitzel! :)
Cheers, Klaus
Thoe Sparrows are so cute, and they are having a ball. Soon it will be frozen, so they had better enjoy it while they can.
Love the pictures of the restaurant. ave a great time, and come back home safe.
Oh, this looks like fun! Your pictures and stories are always great to see. Thanks for visiting my blog while I was down, Mary. I'm still not back 100%, but getting better.
Thanks everyone...I won't do individual answers unless someone asks a question.
Klaus: the food was so-so. We have a better German restaurant in Evansville. Much of southern Indiana is of German heritage. The song is traditional at the bierstubes here and maybe the spelling has evolved over the years from being here. Don't be a "sour kraut" :-) My German relatives were from southern Germany and I'm sure there are differences in accents and such just like with Americans.
I don't believe I"ve ever been to a place that serves German fare. Looks like it would be fun!
Love that last shot of the sun setting!!
Post a Comment