I did it! I made it to my "blog-iversary"! I can't believe it's been a whole year! I believe this is my 427th post on this blog if I added right.
I learned so much and have gotten so much enjoyment from this past year of blogging. For a relatively shy person, to suddenly find myself swapping comments and photos with people all over this country and the world was a big step! I actually started this blog as a semi-private blog for my family and a few friends. I never dreamed anyone else would be interested or that I would find so many new wonderful blogging friends! That has been the very best part, and I want to thank each and every one of you for your friendly and helpful comments, as well as for all the enjoyment I get from reading your blogs.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My blog evolved a lot as most blogs do. I started out mostly writing and almost no photos! This was the very first photo I put in my blog. I basically started my blog on Kiawah Island, SC under the instructions of my sister-in-law while we vacationed there. Thank you, Melissa for making me do this! I wish I had known Bruce than......I'll visit her the next time we go!
This was the first bird that I posted.....I loved this photo that we took on a gator walk on Kiawah.
The first flowers that I posted were at the Magnolia Plantation. I thought they looked like lovely dancing ladies ready to twirl away in their skirts :-)
Squirrel Sunday has become a regular feature, so I have to give one of my many squirrels a chance to bow. I may run out of material for this one of these days.....I think they are all off gathering nuts right now. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks, but I know they will be back.
In the past year, I've spun off 3 other blogs.....my Bible Study mediation blog came first, followed by a private family blog, and just recently my quilting blog to archive my quilts.
I guess this means that I enjoy blogging! It now takes up more time than I should allow it to! I remember writing a blog about the "blog monster" back in January!
In the past year, I've spun off 3 other blogs.....my Bible Study mediation blog came first, followed by a private family blog, and just recently my quilting blog to archive my quilts.
I guess this means that I enjoy blogging! It now takes up more time than I should allow it to! I remember writing a blog about the "blog monster" back in January!
Though I started my blog in September, I didn't
get my first non-family visitor until January 25th of this year. That honor goes to Ann in New Brunswick! nature tales and camera trails If she is willing to email me at mvfreeman@juno.com and share her address, I would like to give her a small gift in appreciation. We used to kid about meeting in the morning over a cup of tea, so I have a quilted tea cup coaster and a teabag wallet that I would like to send her. Ann....I promise that I will never share your addresses with anyone and that I will never send you any junk mail or any other e-mails unless you wish me to. Thanks for your faithful comments over the past year and all the help you have given me identifying birds!
Thanks again to all of you for reading my blog! I feel like I have the best blog friends in the whole world and wish that some day I could meet each and every one of you! God has given us a beautiful world to enjoy and care for and knowing that so many others enjoy it as much as I do is wonderful!
Thanks again to all of you for reading my blog! I feel like I have the best blog friends in the whole world and wish that some day I could meet each and every one of you! God has given us a beautiful world to enjoy and care for and knowing that so many others enjoy it as much as I do is wonderful!
29 comments:
Congrats Mary on the 1 year mark, your blog is always a treat to visit with something different to see and read each day, keep it all coming.
Hi Mary
Congrats from me too. You have the such curiousity about all sorts of things and this makes your blog such an enjoyment to visit and comment on. Like you, I started out my blog mainly for family and friend. It wasn't until Eve (sunny side up) found me (I still dont know how) that I kind of became international. It's sooooo much fun to interact with other like minded people across the world. Thanks blogging bud! (-:
Good for you! I can relate to that - I really enjoy seeing what you post every day....friends in the blogosphere are one very good thing about all this high-tech stuff.
Wow, I am finally making my rounds! Last night I could not visit hardly any place...and if I could I couldn't comment. I liked yesterday's post and this one as well.
I thought of you off and on all day yesterday--thinking you would love the areas I was in.
Mike: Thank you!..Yours is one of the blogs I look forward to for the absolutely wonderful photos!
Jenny: LOL! that was my reaction when Ann first found my blog..."how did she do that?" It finaly dawned on me that she found me through my comments on her blog. Duh! I had so much to learn back then! And still do! I'm glad Eve found you, because that is how I found you :-)...or through Roy. Glad I did!
Helen: Blogging friends are the best! I so enjoy your blog and the cards you post.
Rose: Thank you....it is great to have made one Indiana blogging friend and I look forward to your blog each day. Have a great trip!
Isn't that great? One year! That is a great achievement and you ended up being a popular blogger! Heck - you're on my daily reading list, too!
So congratulations and here's to many years and many photos to come!
Cheers, Klaus
Happy 1st anniversary! Blogs are addicting aren't they? ... and they DO take up more time then they should!! But they also keep one on ones toes ... keeps ones eyes peeled, their creative juices flowing. I debated quiting after one year but it had become such a habit that I've carried on. Winter is coming with less to crow about ... so maybe I'll slow up on the posts. How many snow pictures can one take? We'll see.
Keep up the good work! It is fun to get visitors from all over. People I originally wrote my blog for ... weren't as interested in following the blog as my new found friends!
Klaus: Thank you and it is an honor to be on your reading list :-) I enjoy my visits to your blog and the spectacular photos you take that make me say "wow". I also thank you for photo help you have given me and some identifications of critters.
Cicero:Thank you and you are so right! I've learned more about my own city and state...even my backyard.... and what it has to offer, and learned about new critters like dragonflies and such! I too, found that my original audience is less interested then my new friends :-) We learn. I enjoy my stops by your blog for the wonderful shots of plants you offer and the information with them....and recipes!
Congratulations on one year! You will never run out of Squirrel Sundays! They are just too entertaining.
Wow, Mary a whole year. Good for you and happy anniversary! I started out like you only it hasn't been quite a year yet. My cousin from Virginia was so helpful to get me started. She is a homeschool Mom and has had her blog for quite a while. One week-end she spent almost an hour on the phone telling me just what to do, and I've learned as I've gone along, and Made many goofs too. There are so many, many nice and interesting bloggers. Sometimes I can't believe I have "met" people from all over the world. Every single post is almost like a mini vacation plus a wonderful history lesson. I feel so enriched to have joined up with you all. Like you Mary, I would love to someday meet everybody out there who has corresponded with me. What a marvelous time we would have.
Have a glorious day, and keep all your fabulous pictures coming.
NW Nature Nut: Thank you and I believe you were one of my earliest visitors, too! I enjoy your blog and remember getting caught up in listening to you and Birdnerd chat back and forth and thinking how neat that was :-)
Becky: Thank you and I look forward to your anniversary, too. It is amazing to learn all about people everywhere and see what interests them. I enjoy your blog and always think how similar are interests are. You have some of the prettiest headers that I see on anyone's blog! Always changing!
Happy Bloggerversary! I didn't think blogging would be this much fun either. I've really enjoyed visiting your blog and look forward to being here along the road to your next one! :-)
2sweetnsaxy: Thank you and I love your blog, too. I have enjoyed reading your comments on some of my other favorite blogs for a long time, but I think I was trying to resist adding any more "I-have-to-read this" blogs to my own list...too late....you're on there now!
Congrats Mary. I know why your blog is so popular....you are a gracious host with lovely blogs and beautiful comments. Here's to many, many more happy years!!
Mary, I'm so glad you took up blogging. You're one of my favorites, and I look forward to many more posts and pictures.
Happy Blogiversary.
Joan: Thank you and that is sweet of you to say. I love visiting your blog and getting to know you through our email! You show a country I may never get to and make it so interesting! Super photos and info.
Wren: I know you are one of my longest viewers and I thank you for all your comments! I'm enjoying looking around your new site and look forward to whatever you post next. I was attracted to your blog by the name...I love Wrens!
Happy anniversary Mary.
Your blog is most enlightening.
Roy: Thank you! I appreciate all your comments and visits. Getting feedback from across the "pond" is always interesting. I enjoy the wonderful photos and collages that you post every week.
Mary- Congrats. Keep it coming. I always enjoy seeing what you find down there in southern Indiana.
Tom
Tom: Thanks! I enjoy knowing that there is someone as knowlegable as you next door in Ohio to ask questions of :-) You've been a big help to me several times.
Oh Mary, congratulations!
Isn't it just a wonderful process? Hope to read you around 5 years from now!
Congratulations Mary! Great post!!
Congratulations on your blogiversary! One year is a great accomplishment. We've enjoyed reading your posts along the way.
Annie: Thank you! I appreciate your faithfulness. I enjoy the simplicity of your blog and the great humor! You make me laugh, you make me think. You do more with one photo and a few words then I do with 10.
Kerri: Thank you! I love to visit your blog and see the stunning photos that you've been posting and the sensitive words you write.
Jane Marie: Thanks for your kind words! I haven't been reading your blog long, but am already in love with your great house and feel we have a lot in common...a new friendship in the making!
Nice hearing from you through email, Mary, and also I just wanted to add my congratulations here too on your blog anniversary! Your blog is often my starting smile for the day while I sip my tea at my computer. Thank you for all of your support too!
ann
Ann: Thank you and you know from my post that I treasure your blog friendship and help. I find it very comforting to sit and sip tea and join all my friends on-line each day. You have been a big help with identifying warblers...thanks!
Congratulations! Good work. You never miss a day--I admire that. Your squirrels and the dialog yesterday were wonderful!! You'd better not come to Kiawah again without calling me!
Bruce: Thank you and I'm so glad we are becoming email friends as well. You've been one of my most faithful followers from the beginning. I enjoy your blog....when you find time to post it :-) You always have interesting shots and I'll always be jealous of those gorgeous painted buntings!
Post a Comment