The water at the wetlands slough was low the last time I was there. Not sure if it was from our summer drought or because of work they were doing on some pipelines in the area.
The geese managed to find an area to stand in near the boardwalks and were all gathered in that area.
For more Watery Wednesday posts click on the icon on my sidebar. Thanks to 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this!
This is a great Watery Wednesday post and I love how the bridges disect the pond into different areas making the geese stand out even more. Lovely colour and reflections too. ann
I think it's kind of sad that you can see them standing in the water because it's so low. Great shot for Watery Wednesday. Thank you for participating! :-)
At least there is some water for them Mary. It seems as if there is altogether too much rain in some parts and nothing in others. I think we are in for a dry spell ourselves.
Thanks, everyone! John: We had an extremely wet spring, but the summer was dry. That is sort of typical around here. I'm really not sure if the water is so low at this wetlands because of our lack of rain. They are building an educational center and they may have lowered the water level due to the work they were doing. There is still plenty of it for the geese and ducks and herons and such.
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
19 comments:
It's funny, you had a drought this past summer and we had one of the wettest summers on record.
This is a great Watery Wednesday post and I love how the bridges disect the pond into different areas making the geese stand out even more. Lovely colour and reflections too.
ann
Great picture of the Geese and I love the pics from the post before.
Looks like most of them are sleeping. Nature is amazing to make that position comfortable.
Marnie
A wonderful capture of the geese - such a pleasant looking spot.
A great Watery Wednesday.
I love the squirrel photo on your sidebar.
I think it's kind of sad that you can see them standing in the water because it's so low. Great shot for Watery Wednesday. Thank you for participating! :-)
You have such pretty pictures. I took pictures of geese too. I like your pictures of them standing on one foot too.
At least there is some water for them Mary. It seems as if there is altogether too much rain in some parts and nothing in others. I think we are in for a dry spell ourselves.
perfect shot for Watery Wednesday!!! what a unique bridge with beautiful geese...
Thanks, everyone!
John: We had an extremely wet spring, but the summer was dry. That is sort of typical around here. I'm really not sure if the water is so low at this wetlands because of our lack of rain. They are building an educational center and they may have lowered the water level due to the work they were doing. There is still plenty of it for the geese and ducks and herons and such.
Canada geese are very resourceful. They can always find water somwhere. ;-) Happy Watery Wednesday!
What a pretty photo, low water or no, those geese are enjoying their tootsies getting a soaking I am sure.
Nice photo with the geese and bridge...Good for WW...
Thanks everyone!
I guess that water which is knee-high to a goose isn't very high. But you got a good photo out of it, so who cares?
That is watery indeed! :)
Cheers, Klaus
Love the pic of "two balls in a row" too! It's great.
Very pretty!!
Wren, Klaus, Cicero, Kerri: Thanks! There were a lot of interesting things that day. Geese can look so funny and so graceful all at the same time.
Post a Comment