Friday, September 26, 2008

Skywatch Friday.....

These are last Saturday's skies.....we went to 2 local festivals that day and the sky was very dramatic. The kind of sky that made you want to shoot it with something standing out in it. Top of the Princeton, Indiana Courthouse. If anyone collects Dept 56 Snow Village pieces...this is the courthouse they used for their model. It's a lovely building. This one looks like a storm brewing, but it was just a cloudy but nice day.

More of the top of the courthouse.

A nice bell tower in Princeton.

Another shot with more sky.

Roof tops in New Harmony.......earlier in the day and a bit sunnier.

A nice tower top.

Not sure which town this church was in....Princeton, I think.

Another New Harmony building.

For more great SkyWatch shots, click on the icon on my sidebar. What's happening in your sky today or yesterday?

Thanks to all the hosts of SkyWatch Friday!

18 comments:

Janet said...

Wonderful sky views from every building.

Eve said...

Love the sky shots Mary! And I love the new header!

Maria said...

Loved them all. I also saw your other photos and they are so great. All the birds and the spider ... and your cats are lovely!

John Theberge said...

Looked like it was getting ready to rain in your sky photo. I have to agree with Eve, I like your new header also.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I love finding good header shots to crop. I wish it had been rain coming in those photos....we need it! Barely a dribble that day.

DeniseinVA said...

Great photographs Mary, and I also love your new header. I wish I could send you some of our rain :) Happy SkyWatch Friday.

Katney said...

The skies are lovely but the rooftops make quite a memorable scene. I can jsut see the courthouse as part of a miniature village.

Rose said...

I love the sky in the first one, and I love all the roof tops! Again, the first one shown is my favorite, but it is a hard choice to make.

Jenny said...

Great SWF photos Mary. I need to have SWF more in mind when I go out. I didn't get inspired this week I'm afraid...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love the SWF photos but even more I love the rest of your blog you have wonderful photography skills and absolutely amazing variety of pics ... right up my alley... had to show my hubby the skunk :)
you have been bookmarked I will be back !

2sweetnsaxy said...

Honestly, I was too busy looking at the tops of these buildings to notice the sky. I love these buildings!

Anonymous said...

I like how the different architectures also influence how you see the sky in the photo. Sorry you didn't get the rain you needed

Mike's Travels said...

I love these dramatic and changing skies.

SandyCarlson said...

These are striking buildings in that light!

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! I like looking at the architecture of old buildings so when there is a great sky, I start shooting all the cool features up high :-) Small towns and old towns are full of neat buildings. No wonder some try so hard to save them. I wish that I had the whole courthouse in that first shot but with a festival going on around it, you couldn't even see the bottom part. Will go sometime when nothing is happening.

Louise said...

Looks like a fun weekend, and some really cool architecture to see!

Becky said...

Gorgeous skies, and those towers are perfect against the skies.
Hope you had a Happy SWF.
I left you an answer about the orchids on my Today's Flowers blog.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Beautiful Mary. You can send some over those rain clouds over here please. :)